Nobody Cares if it's Off Topic

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
This is one of the most awesome things I've read about lately: Kenyan woman invents method to turn plastic into construction cubes that are 'stronger than bricks'

Nzambi Matee of Kenya is one of the 2020 “Young Champions of the Earth” winners selected by the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP). Matee’s young company, Gjenge Makers, takes plastic waste and turns it into building materials. According to Matee, using sand and a mixture of plastic waste can produce bricks, manholes, and tiles that are stronger than traditional concrete materials used for construction. Matee boasts that “Our product is almost five to seven times stronger than concrete.” What’s more, Matee’s recycled bricks are lighter and cheaper than more traditional construction products. This makes the entire supply chain of construction cheaper because transportation costs are greatly lowered, and obviously the materials themselves are cheaper.
We need brilliant people like this if we are ever going to survive population growth and climate change.

bubblesort

Neat. And apparently there are two radio stations where I live. And/or: there are only two radio stations where I live.
I love that site. There's a station called Kamakura, it's just south of Tokyo, they play great jazz sometimes. A couple weeks ago, there was a station in berumuda called something like mr clam's dubstep shack, and that was awesome, but at some point it disappeared from the site.