Nobody Cares if it's Off Topic

Sovereignty

SL Rez
There's summertime band camps and music festivals for young aspiring musicians. Then there's DCI.

The arrangers did an excellent job for the Bluecoats 2019 performance, a Beatles medley. If you are curious, don't listen to this version.

Better to hear the original mp4 linked in the description and here: videoplayback.mp4 Interesting to hear the difference. (At least I think there's one.) Also, best with the volume up though it does get loud. ETA: best results from downloading the mp4 and playing it with something like VLC. Of course, it might just not float your boat no matter what.

They are aged 17-21, so some mature talent here. This video is audio only. Other videos of the performance with much worse audio are on youtube if you want to see what all's happening. Links to other videos.

Last edited:

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

• 1Like
Reactions: Arilynn

Sovereignty

SL Rez

Hadn't thought about it, but that may be related to why I posted the Bluecoats music above. Such life and energy. No reason to keep it to myself.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

His story of his closest brush with death has to be one of the weirdest anecdotes I've ever heard
When I arrived, I’d been relieved that he was wearing a T-shirt and was not nipples-out as he famously often is. But now he’s lifting the T-shirt – it’s one of those Thai beach ones popular with gap-year travellers and men who can read your aura – and he shows me a massive scar, an indentation the size of a fist, where a hole was cut at the site of his intestines. And then he tells me the closest he’s come to death, and it is the grisliest and possibly the most disgusting story I have ever heard. But before we get to that, let me tell you more about Wim Hof.

Evernote link because paywall

• 1Wow!
  • 1Minion
Reactions: Arilynn and Tirellia
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Any of you remember Something Awful? Someone bought the site.

Jeffrey of Yospos wrote:
Lowtax has signed the paperwork - it is done. Something Awful LLC assets now belong to me. I know this has taken a long time, but it's been a long time coming before that. I hope you will all find me to be a responsible and conscientious steward, the likes of which this site has never seen. I will certainly have more to say but I have a ton of poo poo to do immediately. Congratulations everyone - this is a good day for Something Awful.

I have taken down the store. When it comes back up, the money will go to the site, as it was always intended to. This should take 1-3 business days and I will post another announcement when it is up.

• 1Thanks
  • 1Interesting
Reactions: Ashiri and Govi