Nobody Cares if it's Off Topic

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Most of the shit I say would never make it past gate two.

Like this reply, for example.

lol

This principle is called "Right Speech" by the way; it's one of the arms of the Eightfold Path to ending circuitous suffering. The way I learned the analysis is,

1. Is it true? (lying is bad, duh) AND
2. Is it useful/helpful? (does anybody really need to hear this?) AND
3. Is this the appropriate time? (in the case of something unpleasant, do they need to hear it right now?)

FWIW, of all of them Right Speech is the one I have the most trouble with too.... ☺

Kamilah Hauptmann

A bit of a wanker
SL Rez
lol

This principle is called "Right Speech" by the way; it's one of the arms of the Eightfold Path to ending circuitous suffering. The way I learned the analysis is,

1. Is it true? (lying is bad, duh) AND
2. Is it useful/helpful? (does anybody really need to hear this?) AND
3. Is this the appropriate time? (in the case of something unpleasant, do they need to hear it right now?)

FWIW, of all of them Right Speech is the one I have the most trouble with too.... ☺
Give yourself credit in part one at least.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Dakota Tebaldi

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Really not sure what's going on here, but someone takes the history of gangster slang in C20th popular culture very seriously indeed in circumstances that really don't lend themselves to seriousness at all.
It has been noticed that the anonymity of the web lends itself for a group or type to drop the niceties normally found in our society or culture, or just from face to face interaction. Basically, some people are natural assholes who tend to control this aspect of themselves in most places but on the internet.

EDIT: Note these are the sorts of online 'netizens' who are ripe for trolling... :hellokitty:

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
EDIT: Note these are the sorts of online 'netizens' who are ripe for trolling... :hellokitty:
Indeed. I just spent a bit of time yesterday trolling the shit out of some asshole on Twitter who insists that Trump is going to use a Constitutional loophole to flip the election and be inaugurated for his second term in January. He hasn't blocked me, but he quit responding, so I suppose that's a win.

• 1Like
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Tell these guys you can’t wait until Biden takes their guns and locks them in a FEMA camps in the basement of abandoned pizzaWalmarts with Seth Rich’s Jade Helmet, guarded by the Agenda 21 HAARP system and a series of crop circles.
I like how you're always out of the frying pan, into the 50-megaton nuclear blast.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Feel like screaming at the world or listening to someone else scream? Screams recorded till Jan 21.

• 1Like
Reactions: Isabeau

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Can you feel it? Breakup time! Kanye West and Kim Kardashian are getting divorced, so this news paper tells.

They make money by being famous. Now that KUWTK is ending, they need new material to stay in the news. First Kanye running for president, now a divorce. Expect more such silliness every few months.

bubblesort

My morning routine is broken. Every morning, I make coffee while listening to Julia Hatmaker's Today in PA podcast, from Pennlive (AKA the Patriot News, which is the local newspaper). Yesterday was her last show, because she's moving to England. She will be replaced, but I don't want my morning, pre-coffee news from a stranger. That's a difficult niche to fill.

I was happy when the Brits finally took back James Cordon, but taking Julia is too much! They better be nice to her!