Nobody Cares if it's Off Topic

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

They're an indigenous species, apparently, but it's the first time a pair are known actually to have nested in the UK for 600 years.

Last edited:

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
This guys' videos about classical history are my newest thing I'm just really into watching for no particular reason. He has a style of explaining what's happening that really makes it relatable and makes historical figures feel like real people. At the end I genuinely felt sad for a little green square. RIP Cicero. :cry:

Recommended channel.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Govi

Free

10K under the hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Oddly enough, I ended up living across the park from a renaissance faire. The park entrance is diagonally across the street from me (and closed due to virus), and the faire property backs up to the opposite side of the park. I didn't know this when I bought the house, despite my history in the SCA and even working at ren faires several times. Just a happy coincidence.

The local faire normally opens this week for a six week run. Instead they are opening Oct 10th on the assumption the virus will have burnt out by then. Whenever the faire is in town, it screws up local traffic something fierce.

Free

10K under the hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Currently working in Silicon Valley, the Berkeley resident volunteered to help Google get eyes and boots on the ground in some of what Kanhema considered Africa’s techno-neglected countries. After all, travelers from around the world might like to better plan their routes through these diverse states by seeing what they look like.

He wound up borrowing a 360-degree camera through Google’s Street View Loan Program and using it in a car as well as on the end of a 4-foot rod attached to his clothing. His trip in 2018 included a safari through a national park, boating down the Zambezi River, shooting Victoria Falls (below), and traversing over 2,000 miles of roads in Harare and other cities—it put Zimbabwe on the map.

Free

10K under the hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Wut?

Peter’s work suggests that peaks of violence in the US work on a 50-year cycle, with the next state of upheaval set to hit humanity in 2020. It’s sort of like that 2012 Mayan-apocalypse nonsense, except Peter’s theory is the result of the hard work of a modern, living, and well-respected scientist rather than a bunch of dead Central American dudes whom hippies like to talk about while taking heavy psychedelic drugs. We spoke to Peter to find out what’s supposedly going to make the US descend into a horrifying, dystopian pit of violence in eight years’ time.

Free

10K under the hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

If you've never seen the dril candle budget tweet...