Nobody Cares: Gaming Edition

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Let's have some sessions playing the Royal game of Ur! Wait, you never heared about that one until now? Well, no wonder, because the rules of this antique 4500 year old games have been lost until recently, where British Museum curator Irving Finkel found a source and translated it. Many believe that this game was an early form of backgammon.

The video shows Tom Scott having some sessions together with Gandalf, pardon, Irving Finkel himself.

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Overwatch 1 ends today at around 11 Pacific. You have like 2.5 hours left as of this post.

• 1Like
Reactions: Kalel

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Well, OW had a great start and after that it quickly went down the hill. And on top of it Blizzard didn't really care any longer as well, and fired its father. So it even went further down the hill.

And OW2? We will see. Having 5 random people playing together with still the holy trinity in place will not exactly make the community and game less toxic for sure.

Jopsy Pendragon

Magic thrives within Intentionality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Let's have some sessions playing the Royal game of Ur! Wait, you never heared about that one until now?
I'm kinda hooked... it's really good at keeping the tension up throughout the whole game. "it ain't over until it's over" and whoever is behind has a definite advantage.

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
One prefers a good round of Hnefatafl before throwing one's opponent into the river.

Dain Shan

Im totally addicted to Warhammer 40K Darktide at the moment.
The amount of slaughter together with this grim Atmosphere is so bizarre and fitting.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Ron Gilbert about how the free mini game Dolores was actually a tech test bed for Return to Monkey Island.

• 1Like
Reactions: Erich Templar

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
A year and a half ago, this happened:

Thanks! (to Khamon, as well) (It's A Plague Tale: Innocence) Got it with an hour to spare...
I highly recommend it to anyone, with the caveat that it is emotionally brutal from the very beginning and never lets up.
Well, the sequel for that game has finally come out; it's called A Plague Tale: Requiem and...I can't recommend this game to "anyone". I mean, I think it's one of the best games I've ever played and I don't regret playing it at all; but if the first one was "brutal", this game was utterly ruthless. A complete and total lack of ruth.

Wait, that's not good enough; I need to stress this some more. The first one had some emotionally difficult moments. But this one - if you have ever felt bad enough to cry (or ALMOST cry) for a video game character in some other game before, this game will hurt you. It will rip your soul out of your body, and then drag it into an alley and shoot it in the head while forcing you to watch. After finishing this game, you will need time to recover.

If you think you're ready for that then sure I'll recommend it to you. But, holy f-word Asobo Studio.

• 1Thanks
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: Govi and NyteWytch

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Every single premiere game ad at the Video Game Awards is like MAGICAL SWORD PEOPLE FIGHTING DEMONS 6: THE ANGERING

• 2LOL
Reactions: Knutz Scorpio and Govi

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
If you've never played any of Sega's "Yakuza" games, I really highly recommend you give them a try, for a bunch of reasons. I could outline them, and wouldn't even mind doing that; but if you're willing to spare 25 minutes on a video explaining why this game series is worth at least a look, then I think this one does a fairly good job and makes all the points that I would've.