Nobody Cares: Gaming Edition

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I've been kind of shaking my head in disbelief for the last couple days wondering if the entire internet is playing an early April Fools joke, because after months of reassuring the public that the new Harry Potter video game was okay to play and enjoy without guilt because Rowling had no input or influence in its development nor gets any money from its sales, it turns out that the game's plot is wizards fighting against a revolt conspiracy by the hook-nosed goblin race that runs the wizarding world banking system and, holy hell this can't not be a very bad joke.
I think this was actually mentioned briefly in the books. I don't know if that helps any. We often run the audio book as background noise, and a few days ago there was mention of Ron making up Goblin names for a test on the Goblin rebellion, because all the names sound random anyways (something like that)

bubblesort

SL Rez
SLU Posts
I play online Scrabble. Not very well usually but it's a pastime. Today I got my first triple triple - a word that covers two triple word squares, with SORDIDLY for 167 points. My first play of the game was a bingo too with MOTTOES.

NyteWytch

What's good, Miley?
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
SLU Posts
So basically Time-Warner version of Disney Infinity/Lego Dimensions without the toys?
Sounds more like a platform fighter ala Smash Bros than Infinity or Lego to me. They sent an alpha invite so we'll see...I dont usually play those very longterm tho.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
There is a demo of Resident Evil Village that plays entirely in a browser tab. I didn't know the browser technology was there to play a modern game in a tab. Color me impressed. It runs on Chrome or Safari, not Firefox I think.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Morrowind was the first elder scrolls game I played. Daggerfall was before that. These modders converted the whole thing to the Unity game engine, improved the controls, visuals and other things to make it playable in 2022. It's free! I'm downloading it now. It's worth a spin anyway.

1996 Elder Scrolls Game Re-Released With Modern Controls, New Visuals

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts