Fuck corpus, dirty bastids!!!

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
I started a second playthrough of Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, this time as Kassandra. I'm also playing it in exploration mode instead of guided, which I am finding really enjoyable. I'm playing her as more of an asshole than I did Alexios, so it is interesting seeing how different dialog plays out. I cannot get enough of this game - I'm not done with my first playthrough either - I just wanted to experiment with a new character.

Lianne Marten

Cheese Baron
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 18 2007
SLU Posts
What Remains of Edith Finch is free on the Epic Games Store for a little while.

I highly recommend it. It's weird as hell and very well done. Also depressing as fuck.

• 1Like
Reactions: Essence Lumin
SL Rez
SLU Posts
What Remains of Edith Finch is free on the Epic Games Store for a little while.

I highly recommend it. It's weird as hell and very well done. Also depressing as fuck.
Thanks much! Epic made me jump through hoops to get it. It seems like I had another game from them installed. The prompts kept asking to me uninstall and repair, then wouldn't let me reinstall due to some download limit. Finally I hit the right button and got it installed. I've only been playing 10 minutes but it seems really cool.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
SL Rez
SLU Posts
This Edith Finch Game is scaring me a little. My laptop is running hotter than I've ever had it run. There seems to be no way to save the game and give it a rest. I hope the game doesn't damage it.

Edited to add: Nah, forget it. Game exited. I'll wait till the laptop cools down and quickly go back to where I was. It is a fun game but not worth damaging my laptop for.

Last edited:

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
There's no place for your Cheeto dust to fall!

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
Oh Bethesda, you so clueless...

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I actually don't see what's wrong with this. The jacket is ugly, but that's a matter of taste. The important thing is that the listing is honest about what the jacket looks like. To that end, complaints that the photos look like "something from an Ebay ad for a used item" are a little disingenuous coming as they do right after pointing out that the alternative is a professional, retouched candy-photo that will be misleading.

The complaint about the garment bag is also silly, because most cheap garment bags are made out of similar or flimsier material. The vlogger is just plain wrong when he says that "most cheap-end garment bags are made out of canvas"; a canvas garment bag is fairly premium and is going to cost you in the neighborhood of $50 to $70 on the low end and more than $200 on the high end; cheap $20 - $40 garment bags tend to be made out of plastic, nylon, or cotton/poly. You can see this for yourself by going to Amazon and searching for "canvas garment bag", and watching your screen fill up with garment bags that actually aren't canvas at all if you click on the product pages and read them.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The complaint about the garment bag is also silly, because most cheap garment bags are made out of similar or flimsier material. The vlogger is just plain wrong when he says that "most cheap-end garment bags are made out of canvas"; a canvas garment bag is fairly premium and is going to cost you in the neighborhood of $50 to $70 on the low end and more than $200 on the high end; cheap $20 - $40 garment bags tend to be made out of plastic, nylon, or cotton/poly.
I won't speak to the video but that was the original complaint against Bethesda about the duffel. They had advertised it as being canvas, but people who purchased the Power Armor Edition of the game received nylon versions of the bag, instead.

There's some leftover ill will here in relation to the jacket sure, but it's not all because of internet whineyism.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I won't speak to the video but that was the original complaint against Bethesda about the duffel. They had advertised it as being canvas, but people who purchased the Power Armor Edition of the game received nylon versions of the bag, instead.
Yeah I'm familiar with that - mostly because this same video blogger can't stop talking about it, lol. But, it shouldn't make a difference for this; Bethesda never said the garment bag would be canvas (or published a picture that made it look like canvas).

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
No but he clearly thought it should've been anyways. He was all (incorrectly) like "even cheap garment bags are made out of canvas at least". It was just a silly way to beat a dead horse.