Nobody Cares: Gaming Edition

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
That was one of the earliest games I ever played. Myst before that of course.
Myst was on one CD IIRC. Riven had five, or six, and each scene took time to render on the equipment we had at the time. I plodded through it but wished the game had been made in the original Hypercard style for the sake of immersive enjoyment.

• 1Interesting
Reactions: Govi

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
My first non-arcade game was on a single cassette tape. And I had to type it in.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Sid Meier's Civilization 7 has been announced. I won't bother linking the trailer though, it's a minute and a half long dramatic video with no gameplay whatsoever in it, lol

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Kamilah Hauptmann

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
During the Xbox Showcase a couple of days ago, this second trailer for the upcoming Indiana Jones game was released; among other bits it includes what seems to be almost an entire cinematic from the game and...lol, it looks convincingly like a scene you'd find in an actual Indiana Jones movie, in terms of the acting and dialogue. Like, I legit felt like I was watching a new movie.

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
During the Xbox Showcase a couple of days ago, this second trailer for the upcoming Indiana Jones game was released; among other bits it includes what seems to be almost an entire cinematic from the game and...lol, it looks convincingly like a scene you'd find in an actual Indiana Jones movie, in terms of the acting and dialogue. Like, I legit felt like I was watching a new movie.

And that little bit of the game cutscene looked better than the last 2 movies.