CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
Asking for some help

I used to play Dragon Age Origins on my MAC but then they quit supporting it. Dragon Age was probably my all time favorite of all the games I've ever played.

For Christmas, I got an Xbox S series, can anyone here recommend any games that are similar to Dragon Age?

Can anyone here recommend any Xbox games besides Dragon Age out there that are like this? Specialize in characters, allow me to choose my character and use more strategy than dexterity?
Well, there's always Dragon Age I, II, and Inquisition on Xbox.
You might like the Divinity Original Sin games, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Pillars of Eternity, and other games inspired by the old pause time Bioware RPG's. And of course the ports of said Bioware RPG's to Xbox like Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, or Neverwinter Nights. Knights of the Old Republic is available too.

You might also try the Wasteland games, and Atom RPG which is inspired by Wasteland.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Noodles

At least I tried to try.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Well, Fortnite is mostly for kids. And for people who just like building tons of stuff in a battle royale game.

If you want to play a battle royale game made primarily for adults then Apex Legends is the way to go.
I actually like the aethetic and feel of Fortnite quite a bit, I just wish the avatars had individual customizations more. Like color tinting parts or swappable bodies/heads. Even if they were not allowed to do it with licensed avatars for licensing reasons. You can sort of do what I'm thinking in Core, which is very similar aethetically to Fortnite.

Clara D.

(>_O)
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
There's always Skyrim.
Given that Bethesda games are a bug-ridden mess that require unofficial patches and command line work-arounds, I'm not sure I'd recommend a console version of any of them.

• 1Thanks
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Caete and Govi

Noodles

At least I tried to try.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I want to take a moment to talk about all these wonderful things I learned about Sharks in Fortnite.

Like how they will plow through a wall to destroy you while on a boat.

Not only that, I was approaching a large mansion thing, on a HILL, hearing a gun fight going on inside. Next thing I know, the shark leaps like 30 feet up out of the water and blasts through the mansion at the combatants.

Later, I decided to try fishing some, I knew the shark was still lurking, so I stood a ways off the shore and cast a line out to some fish in a pool. Suddenly, the shark beelines for my line. Next thing I know, I am surfing along behind the shark and using it as a vehicle.

I tried to take it on land but got disconnected. After abandoning the poor shark on land, it started angrily hopping along going... Somewhere.... It didn't seem to be after me. Seemed like it was headed for the nearby town, possibly to wreck havock there.

Free

Chatting with JFK Jr.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Humble snaps a few more legs from their support structure.

Humble, the bundle-centric games retailer that launched with expansive Mac and Linux support in 2010, will soon shift a major component of its business to Windows-only gaming.

The retailer's monthly subscription service, Humble Choice, previously offered a number of price tiers; the more you paid, the more new games you could claim in a given month. Starting February 1, Humble Choice will include less choice, as it will only offer a single $12/month tier, complete with a few new game giveaways per month and ongoing access to two collections of games: Humble's existing "Trove" collection of classic games, and a brand-new "Humble Games Collection" of more modern titles.
But this shift in subscription strategy comes with a new, unfortunate requirement: an entirely new launcher app, which must be used to access and download Humble Choice, Humble Trove, and Humble Games Collection games going forward. Worse, this app will be Windows-only. Current subscribers have been given an abrupt countdown warning (as spotted by NeoWin). Those subscribers have until January 31 to use the existing website interface to download DRM-free copies of any games' Mac or Linux versions. Starting February 1, subscription-specific downloads will be taken off the site, and Mac and Linux versions in particular will disappear altogether.

Last edited: