Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Here's one for you. In the middle of the World Series, the Astros have fired their assistant general manager, after comments he made during a press briefing directed at female reporters:

The Houston Astros fired assistant general manager Brandon Taubman on Thursday, admitting in a statement that his "inappropriate comments" about the acquisition of closer Roberto Osuna were directed at a group of female reporters.

A report published earlier this week by Sports Illustrated's Stephanie Apstein said that during the celebration in the Astros clubhouse after clinching the American League Championship Series on Saturday, Taubman turned to a group of female reporters -- including one wearing a purple domestic violence awareness bracelet -- and repeatedly yelled, "Thank God we got Osuna! I'm so f---ing glad we got Osuna!"

Last season, Osuna served a 75-game suspension for violating Major League Baseball's domestic violence policy, stemming from an incident that happened while he was a member of the Toronto Blue Jays.

"Our initial investigation led us to believe that Brandon Taubman's inappropriate comments were not directed toward any reporter," the Astros said in Thursday's statement. "We were wrong. We sincerely apologize to Stephanie Apstein, Sports Illustrated and to all individuals who witnessed this incident or were offended by the inappropriate conduct. The Astros in no way intended to minimize the issues related to domestic violence.

"Our initial belief was based on witness statements about the incident. Subsequent interviews have revealed that Taubman's inappropriate comments were, in fact, directed toward one or more reporters. Accordingly we have terminated Brandon Taubman's employment with the Houston Astros. His conduct does not reflect the values of our organization and we believe this is the most appropriate course of action.

"We are thankful to Major League Baseball and to everyone that cooperated in the investigation. As previously stated, the Astros are very committed to using our voice to create awareness and support on the issue of domestic violence. We fully support MLB and baseball's stance and values regarding domestic violence. We will continue to make this cause a priority for our organization."
The Astros' statement apologizes for Taubman's statements, but curiously does not apologize for the organization's own official statements made immediately after Apstein published her report, in which they called her report "misleading and irresponsible" and accused her of basically fabricating the story as she reported it.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I wasn't really a Nats fan, but they booed Trump off the Jumbotron, so that makes them my second favorite team.
Not only am I not particularly a Nats fan - I almost always favor the AL team over the NL one, in all but a few cases. The Astros would've been my favorite team just for knocking over the Yankees to get there. Plus, the Astros are my closest MLB team now, so I really ought to be behind them more. Cleveland is still my favorite though, lol.

But I was hoping for a Nationals win this series just because its their very first series, and I always love to see a brand new team not only make the championship for the first time, but win it! And yeah, the warm reception for the Great Pumpkin was a nice little bonus. ^^

• 1Like
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
baby shark doo doo doo dooo do doo ....

While the nats are celebrating with that song on Saturday I will be engaging in a bit of capture the flag.

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
Not a gnats fan...

Isabeau

Poor cat was probably scared out of its wits but I can't help laughing at the little tufts of grass stuck in its claws. Run Lola Run!

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Have the Astros been caught cheating during the ALCS?

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts