Nobody Cares about TV and Film

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010

Ozark has been renewed on Netflix for a third season. This pleases me, as I just binged watched it over the summer. I think it is a good show. Yay? Nay?

Isabeau

Merdeuse
I'm not sure where to put this but since at one point in the video they mention all the American movies they loved, here is where it's going.

Anyhoo, 'twas fun to watch.

The hilarious, stranger-than-fiction story of a mother and son who emigrate to America and get more than they bargained for. Read more The Atlantic Selects

Ann Launay

Crumpet Khaleesi
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Aug 2007
SLU Posts
Binged this last night. Not super deep, but I was entertained.

• 1Like
Reactions: Cristiano

Ann Launay

Crumpet Khaleesi
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Aug 2007
SLU Posts
About midway through this...

It's really well done and engaging. There have only been a few actual scary moments so far, but the whole thing carries this sense of dread and uncertainty.

Ava Glasgow

Ava Ava hot like lava
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
About midway through this...

It's really well done and engaging. There have only been a few actual scary moments so far, but the whole thing carries this sense of dread and uncertainty.

This is the scary show I just mentioned in the main NC thread! I love the story and the family dynamic, but damn it's giving me creepy thoughts in the middle of the night. :eyepop:

IndigoMontana

Finished the Haunting of Hill House and really enjoyed it. They may have gotten a touch overt with their underlying themes by the finale, but I was pretty much gripped from beginning to end. Great characters, good acting, and genuinely interesting and eerie.

What was with the dogs? The family would hear dogs baying every night, and once the kids screamed downstairs saying a dog-beast ran past. But the show never paid off all that buildup. Just for atmosphere I suppose.

Ann Launay

Crumpet Khaleesi
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Aug 2007
SLU Posts

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Blumhouse’s Jason Blum doesn’t think women want to direct horror

During an insightful interview with The Verge’s sister publication Polygon, speaking about Blumhouse’s new Halloween sequel, Blum blithely asserted that Blumhouse hasn’t produced a theatrical release directed by a woman because “there are not a lot of female directors period, and even less who are inclined to do horror.”

Blum’s comment is particularly jarring given that earlier in the same interview, he boasts about Blumhouse’s eagerness to work outside established horror canon directors[.]
Still a long way to go.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
And then there's this...

Ava Glasgow

Ava Ava hot like lava
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Finished the Haunting of Hill House and really enjoyed it. They may have gotten a touch overt with their underlying themes by the finale, but I was pretty much gripped from beginning to end. Great characters, good acting, and genuinely interesting and eerie.

I just finished too, and found the development in the last few episodes really satisfying. Definitely not where I thought it was going when I started it. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: Ryanna Enfield

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts