Nobody Cares about TV and Film

Ryanna Enfield

I'm definitely gonna check out Bordertown because it ticks all my boxes, but I don't think I could handle not starting from the beginning. Thank you for mentioning it.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
I love the Criterion collection. It is a collection of over 1000 high quality films. They may be old and famous. They might be remarkable fairly new foreign films. For a couple of years many of them were available on a streaming service known as Filmstruck. It was nice they had the films but their user interface was really really bad. Whether I was looking for a film to watch or just trying to play the darn movie it was just terrible. Now Criterion has taken over. They are going live on Monday.

In the meantime, with high hopes, I have become a charter subscriber. This gives me a 30 day free trial and a slightly reduced price for as long as I subscribe. Today, Sunday the 7th is the last day to become a charter subscriber. So if you're interested ...

Their main page is at criterionchannel.com. An article about the April lineup and about the service is here.
The Criterion Channel Announces Launch Lineup

Porsupah Ree

Shy bunny
SL Rez
Joined SLU

Netflix has teamed up with South Africa's Triggerfish animation studios and will soon be streaming its first African animation series, written by women, that features a team of Zambian girls as the heroes.
Mulendema emphasized how important it is "to have strong female lead characters who are emotionally connected to their world and who can choose to change their world." The Zambian added that "selecting an all-female writing team was a natural fit, because who better to create and connect to those characters than females themselves?”

Mama K's Team 4 shows "four strong African girls who save the day in their own fun and crazy way," and takes place in a futuristic version of Lusaka, Zambia's capital. Mulendema commissioned Malcolm Wope, an animator from Cameroon, to design the characters and the world they live in.

• 1Like
Reactions: Ava Glasgow

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
‘Alien’ star Sigourney Weaver visits NJ high school for encore of hit stage play
The cast of North Bergen High School’s production of “Alien” got a visit from the star of the original movie - Sigourney Weaver.

Weaver met with the cast and crew Friday evening before the start of the performance.

[...]

Their version of the Sci-fi horror classic made national headlines last month - drawing the attention of even Weaver - who praised the teens for their work in an Instagram post.

The kids made every prop, costume and set piece... wanting to stay true to the original movie.
[/QUOTE

• 1Yay!
Reactions: Tigger

Kaimi Kyomoon

Persistent Participant
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I've never seen Titanic either but I sure have heard a lot about it.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Govi

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I've never seen Titanic either but I sure have heard a lot about it.
It's okay. Some of the best film CGI for its time, and the story while derivative is no more so than any other love story. It's not a bad movie.

Of course, if I was made to watch it over and over and over again...

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Kaimi Kyomoon

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts