Nobody Cares about TV and Film

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yeah, daytime tv is a wasteland. Hell cartoon Network was essentially unwatchable back when I moved out decades back. The only block of shows I've found to hold my attention is over on METV which shows lots of old series. For me, the unskippable block is on their Sci Fi Saturday. We get Svengoolie, an episode of Adam West's Batman, Star Trek TOS, Kolchak, Lost in Space, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Land of the Giants, Time Tunnel, The Invaders, Thunderbirds. All shows I used to watch with my Dad when we could. Well not Svengoolie. Yeah it may be a bit cheesy schlock but far better than 95% of the crap that the other stations show.
I got screwed out of METV last year when they changed the programming and I'm on antennae, not cable. It still shows (on my tv) as METV but none of the shows I had been watching for so long air on that channel now. I've tried searching several times but no luck. So now I barely watch any tv anymore. I read instead.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Khamon

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
The main trailer for the upcoming Barbie movie, where Barbie moves from Barbieland to the real world. Slogan: If you hate Barbie this movie is for you. And if you want to know the truth about the universe, then you've got to walk in Birkenstocks. Mmhm, whatever.

Last edited:
  • 1Yay!
Reactions: Govi

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I got screwed out of METV last year when they changed the programming and I'm on antennae, not cable. It still shows (on my tv) as METV but none of the shows I had been watching for so long air on that channel now. I've tried searching several times but no luck. So now I barely watch any tv anymore. I read instead.
I have been to the METV studio before and have met one of their key folks (he is even listed on the Wiki page for the owning group). He probably doesn't remeber me because its been like 15 years but maybe I could go see if he can change the programming back for ya. :p

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I have been to the METV studio before and have met one of their key folks (he is even listed on the Wiki page for the owning group). He probably doesn't remeber me because its been like 15 years but maybe I could go see if he can change the programming back for ya. :p
METV didn't change thier programming. It was the idiot that owns the channel. It's Charge! or some stupid bull now. And guess who owns it. Sinclair.

I want my MeTV.

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Not new, but the second season just ended.
Somebody Somewhere: About a group of middle aged characters living in a midwestern small-town (Kansas I think, whitebread and churchy) who don’t really fit in. It isn’t perfect, there’s a lot of improvisation and it can seem forced at times, but I enjoyed it. Basically, it’s about making your own family out of the ones who love and get you. There are only 7 half-hour episodes each season and I watched both this week.

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
Michael Keaton says he and director Tim Burton are doing 'Beetlejuice 2' 'exactly like we did the first movie' | CNN

The film’s IMDb page lists returning cast members, including Keaton, Winona Ryder as gothic heroine Lydia, and Catherine O’Hara. There’s also a set of newcomers set to join the franchise, including Willem Dafoe, Justin Theroux and Monica Bellucci, who is set to play Beetlejuice’s wife. “Wednesday” star Jenna Ortega is also listed as part of the cast, playing Lydia’s daughter.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Oh wow. Marilyn Monroe and Clark Gable in The Misfits. I saw this movie for the first time tonight. Now I am crying. Marilyn Monroe made a bunch of kind of dumb movies but this one and Bus Stop show what a great actress she really was.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I have Disney+. And I'm trying really hard NOT to watch Avatar: The Way of Water. Help convince me to watch something else... (I've been watching 2+ hour youtube documentaries about NASA just to avoid it, but I'm getting tired of these)

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
I have Disney+. And I'm trying really hard NOT to watch Avatar: The Way of Water. Help convince me to watch something else... (I've been watching 2+ hour youtube documentaries about NASA just to avoid it, but I'm getting tired of these)
Watch Andor instead.

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
You could always log into SL for a few hours. Ha ha ha ha.

• 1Agree
  • 1Interesting
Reactions: Caete and Free

Veritable Quandry

SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
I have a new wallpaper.

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I sometimes feel like I am the only.person who was never "into" Avatar. I am not even sure I ever even actually watched the first one, though I do have vague memories of it. I know it was not in a theater though.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Free

Veritable Quandry

SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
We saw it on the big screen. It had good effects but the story was predictable crap. They even called the McGuffin "Unobtanium." Nothing says lazy writing like keeping the placeholder name.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
I sometimes feel like I am the only.person who was never "into" Avatar. I am not even sure I ever even actually watched the first one, though I do have vague memories of it. I know it was not in a theater though.
I watched the first one in a dentist's chair, high on Nitrous, getting a root canal. I don't remember much but I think I enjoyed it. I haven't seen the second (others)?

• 1Flower
Reactions: Free

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Well I watched the first one in a cinema, not high on anything, convinced by others to spend money over the Christmas holiday to go see it. I was partly responsible because, hey, it was made by James Cameron. Couldn't be bad, could it?

My little group at the theater looked over to me in confusion when I laughed out loud at the mention of unobtanium, and half-way through the film when I started whispering "OMG, Cameron made Space Dancing with Wolves."

But the CGI and/or special effects were amazing...