Nobody Cares about TV and Film

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
You can't bring down an AT-AT with a canon.

• 1not-sure
Reactions: Free

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
"Dash Rendar is seen to bring down 3 AT-ATs during the Battle of Hoth. Yet in the book, Luke Skywalker mentions he'd only taken 1 AT-AT down...Was it canon, or was Luke an unreliable narrator?"

Greg Larsen Interviews John Boyega - 2:24 in.
Ok, wow thats more complicated than expected and funny.
ALso, FWIW, I did try to find that interview.

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
In more adventures with Buffy, Pedro Pascal shows up (briefly) basically playing, "lost college student". Its funny because he asks buffy for directions, and then some vampires show up and jump him and say something like, "This isn't the right way."

And of course, the line in Mandalorean is "This is the Way."

Dude got lost and jumped by vampires and made a religeon out never getting lost.

Free

When The Onion asks, I answer.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

I don't think anyone involved with The Crown can be held responsible for that particular "plot twist."

• 2Agree
Reactions: Zaida Gearbox and Govi

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Through Season 4 of Buffy.

A few points.

I am really impressed with Willow and Tara. Its my understanding this show was pretty revolutionary in its LGBT friendlyness. And its kind of wild, in a show this old especially, to have this like, naturally evolving gay couple, who are not just a series of pumchlines. They are just, a couple, with the same ups and downs of everyone else. They still are not really explocitly showing anything, and they do keep using "witchcraft" as a euphamism for them being lesbians (both are also witches), but it pretty good.

I really appreciate how they handle Buffy's power level. Its never really, explocitly stated just how super human she actually is, and she certainly doesn't show it, but there are these little nods. Low how she eats, a LOT, and a lot of junk food, high in calories.

Or like one episode this season. These soldier dudes have these demon tazers, to taze demons. At one point she just, takes one of the shots, and keeps going. The demons drop, but she does not. And at one point she threatens to beat up both Angel and Riley.

Also like, Riley, and all his highly trained soldier friends, and she would wipe the floor with them. They never show her answer but at one point Riley is like, "I have taken down 17 demons," then they ask her, and she just gives this sort of look like, "Those aren't even rookie numbers."

The big bad was kind of lame. The big bads in general are kind of goofy, and I like that even in the show they acknowledged how goofy the previous season's big bad was for just "I want to be a big snake". But Adam felt like he had more potential, but was kind of lame and his motivations were not super clear. Something about hybrid super soldiers... For reasons? Evil reasons?

I know who Dawn is, because of various previous exposure, but also its funny because on IMDB, she is the 7th character listed, which means she is the 7th most appearances of everyone. And she isn't there yet. The same thing happened in Arror with Curtis, who is like the 5th most appearances, but had not even showed up until like, Season 5. Like "WHO IS THIS PERSON WHO IS IN ALL THESE EPISODES???"

Free

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
It's happening!

Such a lovely trailer! But, coming sometime in 2024...

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts

A full hour of... not sure. Fake radio broadcast?
Fake radio and TV is a Fallout thing. Vault-tec vault tour infomercial with technical difficulties. The news banner is funny and interesting, it's referring to generic “Reds“ and not the game canon Chinese, for obvious RL reasons. Also instrumental easy listening lounge music.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Caete

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
Teaser trailer:

Remember children, don't feed the yao-guai. And damn if that isn't a Prydwen class BoS airship as seen in Fallout 4.
Looking forward to the adventures of that “young woman from 33.“

• 1Agree
Reactions: Caete

Free

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
This looks like Bradley Cooper has made another great film about music.

Look at how these 2 disappear into their roles...

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Govi

Free

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Writer-producer-developer Norman Lear, who revolutionized American comedy with such daring, immensely popular early-‘70s sitcoms as “All in the Family” and “Sanford and Son,” died on Tuesday. He was 101.

Lear’s publicist confirmed to Variety that he died at his home in Los Angeles of natural causes. A private service for immediate family will be held in the coming days.

“Thank you for the moving outpouring of love and support in honor of our wonderful husband, father, and grandfather,” Lear’s family said in a statement. “Norman lived a life of creativity, tenacity, and empathy. He deeply loved our country and spent a lifetime helping to preserve its founding ideals of justice and equality for all. Knowing and loving him has been the greatest of gifts. We ask for your understanding as we mourn privately in celebration of this remarkable human being.”