This Reality Blows
Time to die. :(

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
While rewatching those old Veronica Mars episodes, a few times while checking the mail, some Netflix mailers can be seen in the pile.

I had actually almost forgotten those had been a thing at one point.

Akiko Aviatik

Pie Thief
I know I am really late to the party on this but I was really disappointed with the second season of Killing Eve... I'm not even sure if I want to watch the third season. I really enjoyed the first season of What We Do In The Shadows..I hope the second season is just as good. I never saw the movie it is based on but I plan on watching it some day. I am only subscribed to Hulu but it does have some really great movies and shows to watch but I have noticed that just about every show/movie that Hulu produces itself is really dark and disturbing and even depressing. I can't sit through them with Future Man being the only exception at this point.

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts

Ann Launay

Crumpet Khaleesi
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Aug 2007
SLU Posts
I watched the first episode of Pandora because the synopsis sounded interesting, but it was just terrible in every way. Bad writing, bad acting, bad sets, horrible special effects. I have no idea how it even got greenlighted.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Ava Glasgow

Ann Launay

Crumpet Khaleesi
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Aug 2007
SLU Posts
The InBetween is pretty good. Sort of Ghost Whisperer combined with a police procedural. Or maybe a more serious iZombie with ghosts instead of zombies and no punny names.

Jopsy Pendragon

Nature: You break it? You 'buy it'.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
While rewatching those old Veronica Mars episodes, a few times while checking the mail, some Netflix mailers can be seen in the pile.

I had actually almost forgotten those had been a thing at one point.
I'm really disappointed in Netflix lately. The quantity of quality streaming content had fallen off, and new releases seem to be 50% Korean pulp tv fluff.

DVD.com, the mailer side of the Netflix brand, was the only way to get many many titles that the streaming service doesn't carry, but now even that is falling of a cliff... I struggle to find enough to put my queue into double digits, and most of it ends up being re-watches.

Grumble.

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
I dunno, seems to Gru-ish for me. This is the teaser, the full trailer is out there and well, ummm, I'm getting that same vibe I did from Howard Lovecraft and the Undersea Kingdom.

At least the character designs are not too far off from Addams' originals.

Last edited:

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts

Celebrities...

• 1Like
Reactions: Dakota Tebaldi

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
New audio drama on the way! Breakaway will be available SEPT 13th, 2019! Great date choice :D

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts

Something we'd never get if it was 10 years ago.

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
In case you have never seen such a classic film.

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
So during the most recent Dorian scare, we were locked down for awhile and I was super bored, so I started watching "The A List".

Stream It or Skip It: ‘The A List’ on Netflix, Where Teens Go to an Island Camp That Holds Dangerous Secrets

I'd say stream it. I actually found myself really liking it and finding more horror in the "mean girls thing" than the weirdness of the Island. The island has kind of a "Lost" feel to it which was intriguing. Honestly, except for the "mean girls thing" it did not feel much like the characters were teenagers, just young adults and it's a good mystery. I'll watch the next season.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I've never even heard of an A-list movie doing this badly

Limp Bizkit vocalist Fred Durst debuted his new movie The Fanatic over the holiday weekend in 52 theaters across the United States. The film features John Travolta, but even with a name like that attached failed to see any success. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the movie grossed $3,153 across all 52 theaters, with "the highest gross was $736 at the Arena Cinelounge in Hollywood."

The average gross per theater was $60, basically three or four people saw it per theater.
lol, that's not just a flop, or a bomb, or a turkey. That's a complete joke. I like feel embarrassed for John Travolta just reading about it.

"The Fanatic" is about a movie star's creepy-stalky fan who becomes more and more aggressive in seeking his idol's attention, which seems like it might be an interesting premise, and is supposedly inspired by Durst's own experience with such a stalker. But it's worth noting that there's a 1996 movie called "The Fan" where Robert DeNiro stalks Wesley Snipes which sounds like the exact same movie, just with a baseball player being stalked rather than a movie star and the word "fanatic" shortened to "fan" for the title.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Ava Glasgow