Nobody Cares about Tech Support

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
I got into programming in 1972 because I discovered I could list and edit the Basic code of the games on the mainframe at my dad's office and cheat.

• 1Like
Reactions: Dakota Tebaldi

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
It reminds me of image maps back in the days when we used to build Hypercard-like websites with plain old HTML.

• 1Like
Reactions: Free

Free

When The Onion asks, I answer.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
It reminds me of image maps back in the days when we used to build Hypercard-like websites with plain old HTML.
I built a coloring book mini-app some years ago (HTML5 just came out!)) using Javascript alongside the image map tag. I'm still surprised with how well it worked combining the old HTML1 tag functionality with the newer tech (though JS was not that new).

Jopsy Pendragon

. LOCK . HIM . UP .
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
My Tab S3 is 7 years old, and developing a few 'slightly numb' spots on the screen, especially in over-used areas.

I want a bigger screen... and have been oggling the Tab S9 Ultra, but reviews kinda ding it on battery life. The S10 is due out before the end of the year, but who knows if that'll have better battery life or not.

And I'm paralyzed. Grab the S9 at some sale soon? Wait until S10 comes out and get S9 for less? Get the S10 when it comes out? Wait for Black Friday (if applicable) and hope for a deal? My miserly frugality and my impatience are deadlocked. Grr.

Kokoro Fasching

SL Rez
My Tab S3 is 7 years old, and developing a few 'slightly numb' spots on the screen, especially in over-used areas.

I want a bigger screen... and have been oggling the Tab S9 Ultra, but reviews kinda ding it on battery life. The S10 is due out before the end of the year, but who knows if that'll have better battery life or not.

And I'm paralyzed. Grab the S9 at some sale soon? Wait until S10 comes out and get S9 for less? Get the S10 when it comes out? Wait for Black Friday (if applicable) and hope for a deal? My miserly frugality and my impatience are deadlocked. Grr.
Which ever one you decide on, on the day after returns close a better model will be released and the model you chose will be 44% off :)

Jopsy Pendragon

. LOCK . HIM . UP .
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
... on the day after returns close a better model ...
Yeah, I'm used to that, but normally I don't care. Except once... I came home with an Apple Cinema Display in ?2003? (the model had been out for a while) and the next day Apple announced a better higher-res version was coming out in a month. I ran back to the store with the monitor I just bought and waited.

The newer model was probably one of the best monitors I've ever owned. It was my primary display for nearly 14 years before 'glow' in one corner finally drove me to replace it. I haven't had near as much luck with monitors since. :}

• 1Agree
Reactions: Kokoro Fasching

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts

Wait until they announce specs on the S10. If it's an incremental upgrade the S9 will start going on clearance. If it is a significant upgrade pre-order the S10.

Jopsy Pendragon

. LOCK . HIM . UP .
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Alldocube iPlay 50 mini pro.

Such a nice price point! Very tempting to just grab one as a spare, to hold me over in the meantime.

Though it is 1.3" smaller than my Tab S3, and I -really- want to go bigger. The Tab S9's 11" screen and Tab S9 Ultra's 14" screen are singing to me like a Siren's song. :)

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
I have hardly touched my iPad Air, the fancy one with the m1 CPU, since I got my iPlay 50 mini pro. It doesn't have a super processor but for what I use it for having enough physical RAM to keep lots of programs in the air at once is more important than raw CPU. And my old iPad mini is fine for the occasional Apple needs I have (like iBooks versions of the Swift documentation).

They have a non-mini version that's like 11"

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Jopsy Pendragon