Nobody Cares about History

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Every time I hear a new factoid about this president the respect just increases.

PLEASE REALITY DON'T HAVE HIM TURN OUT TO BE A BABY EATER OR SOMETHING!

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I guess 30 years counts as history (thread)

I remember those days around her resignation so well.

I was actually on the phone from work when the news came through she'd resigned, talking to a woman in Prague who owned an apartment I was renting for a short business trip/vacation (AirBnB before its time) the next week, and I had to apologise and ask her to repeat something because of all the wild cheering and yelling.

"I'm sorry for all the noise," I said, "but we've just heard on the radio our prime minister has resigned."
"Oh, I am sorry!" she said, sounding as mournful as if I'd told her there had been a death in the family.
"Thank you, but, as you can hear, we're not."

Last edited:

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I was actually on the phone from work when the news came through she'd resigned, talking to a woman in Prague who owned an apartment I was renting for a short business trip/vacation (AirBnB before its time) the next week, and I had to apologise and ask her to repeat something because of all the wild cheering and yelling.

"I'm sorry for for all the noise," I said, "but we've just heard on the radio our prime minister has resigned."
"Oh, I am sorry!" she said, sounding as mournful as if I'd told her there had been a death in the family.
"Thank you, but, as you can hear, we're not."
So basically it was like

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I'll just say that there is no small number of post-punk songs indicating exactly how people in the UK felt about Thatcher.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Dakota Tebaldi

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Some history -- the article describes the controversy about the BBC's not playing the song in its entirety when it failed to hit the top of the charts after her death

• 1Wow!
Reactions: Dakota Tebaldi

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Whoa - and I was just joking, lol.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Whoa - and I was just joking, lol.
No, I saw it from the other side of the ocean, and we had Reagan to contend with at the same time. The only good thing that happened what with the two of them was that by some miracle the world did not die in 1983.

Last edited:

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Tired of mockery and people stealing signs, the town of Fucking, Austria is changing its name as of Jan 1, 2021

Here is a list of US places whose names are sexual innuendos (which itself an innuendo):

Blue Ball DE. Balls Ferry, Boneville, Butts, Cumming, Faceville, Flippen, and Hardup GA.

Dickshooter, Dingle, Hand Place, and Player Place ID. Boody, Bush, and Dongola IL. Beaver City, French Lick, Floyd's Knobs, Friendswood and Spurgeon IN. Balltown, Beaverdale, Cumming, Fertile, and Sac City Iowa. Dry Wood KS. Bald Knob, Beaver Dam, Beaverlick, Bigbone, Broad Bottom, Knob Lick, Load, and Sugar Tit KY.

Dry Prong and Lucky, LA. Bangor ME. Blue Ball Village, Bushwood, Cockeysville, Crapo, and Loveville MD. Woods Hole, MA. Climax, Colon, Dick, and Sac Bay MI.

Ball Bluff, Ball Club, Beaver, Big Woods, Bush Landing, Clappers, Climax, Cumming, Johnson, Sexton, Underwood, and Whipholt MN. Conception, Conception Junction, Knob Noster, Licking, Loose Creek, and Wood Missouri.

Beaver City, Colon, Dix, and Lodgepole NE. Coyote Hole, Lovelock and Parker Strip NV. Buttsville, Middleses, Nutley, Ramtown, and Tuckahoe NJ.

Atwood, Ballston, Butternuts, Climax, Conquest, Cumminsville, Coxsackie, Fort Johnson, Johnson, Johnson City, Pound Ridge, Rockwood, Rodman, and Sugarbush NY. Blowing Rock, Climax, Hobucken, Hookerton, and Love Valley NC

Cummings ND. Ballville, Licking View, Long Bottom, Pee Pee Township and Seaman OH. Beaver, Bowlegs, Bushyhead, Dripping Springs, Greasy, Hooker, Jumbo, and Loving OK. Ballston, Beaverton, Butteville, Climax, Wankers Corner, and Woodburn OK

Big Beaver, Blue Ball, Black Lick, Coplay, Hop Wood, Hop Bottom, Intercourse, Lickdale, New Beaver, Rough and Ready, Virginville, and Youngwood PA. Fingerville and Sugar Tit SC. Beaver Crossing, Hooker, and Rumpus Ridge SD

Ballplay, Bumpus Mills, Finger, Flippin, Lick Skillet, Nutbush, Rockwood, Shackle Island, and Sweet Lips TN. Bangs, Camp Wood, Cumby, Cummings, Dickens, Ding Dong, Friendswood, Latex, Leakey, Lovelady, Rockwood, and Tool TX

Beaver, Beaver Dam, Honeyville, Nibley, Teasdale, Virgin, Whipup, and Wildwood UT. Handcock and Shaftsbury VT. Assawoman, Bumpass, Fancy Gap, Onancock, Pound, Short Pump, and Tuckahoe VA.

Bangor, Baring, Big Bottom, Humptulips and Packwood WA. Bald Knob, Beech Bottom, Big Chimney, Big Sandy, Brohard, Cloverlick, Concepcion, Cougar, Cougar Valley, Cucumber, Droop, Johnson Crossroads, Knobs, Lick Creek, Longpole, Mercers Bottom, Nutterville, Pinch, Romance, Sandlick, Stony Bottom, and Wood WV

Cheat Lake, Dickeyville, Clam Falls, Imalone, Longwood, Sextonville, Spooner, and Spread Eagle WI. Goshenhole, Hoback, McNutt, Meeteetse, Miner's Delight, and finally Teton Village WY.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Spurgeon IN.
Ahem! Spurgeon was my Dad's name. I never thought of it as being suggestive. The town and my Dad were both named after Charles Spurgeon which Wikipedia says "was an English Particular Baptist preacher. Spurgeon remains highly influential among Christians of various[which?] denominations, among whom he is known as the "Prince of Preachers". "

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Tired of mockery and people stealing signs, the town of Fucking, Austria is changing its name as of Jan 1, 2021

Here is a list of US places whose names are sexual innuendos (which itself an innuendo):

Blue Ball DE. Balls Ferry, Boneville, Butts, Cumming, Faceville, Flippen, and Hardup GA.

Dickshooter, Dingle, Hand Place, and Player Place ID. Boody, Bush, and Dongola IL. Beaver City, French Lick, Floyd's Knobs, Friendswood and Spurgeon IN. Balltown, Beaverdale, Cumming, Fertile, and Sac City Iowa. Dry Wood KS. Bald Knob, Beaver Dam, Beaverlick, Bigbone, Broad Bottom, Knob Lick, Load, and Sugar Tit KY.

Dry Prong and Lucky, LA. Bangor ME. Blue Ball Village, Bushwood, Cockeysville, Crapo, and Loveville MD. Woods Hole, MA. Climax, Colon, Dick, and Sac Bay MI.

Ball Bluff, Ball Club, Beaver, Big Woods, Bush Landing, Clappers, Climax, Cumming, Johnson, Sexton, Underwood, and Whipholt MN. Conception, Conception Junction, Knob Noster, Licking, Loose Creek, and Wood Missouri.

Beaver City, Colon, Dix, and Lodgepole NE. Coyote Hole, Lovelock and Parker Strip NV. Buttsville, Middleses, Nutley, Ramtown, and Tuckahoe NJ.

Atwood, Ballston, Butternuts, Climax, Conquest, Cumminsville, Coxsackie, Fort Johnson, Johnson, Johnson City, Pound Ridge, Rockwood, Rodman, and Sugarbush NY. Blowing Rock, Climax, Hobucken, Hookerton, and Love Valley NC

Cummings ND. Ballville, Licking View, Long Bottom, Pee Pee Township and Seaman OH. Beaver, Bowlegs, Bushyhead, Dripping Springs, Greasy, Hooker, Jumbo, and Loving OK. Ballston, Beaverton, Butteville, Climax, Wankers Corner, and Woodburn OK

Big Beaver, Blue Ball, Black Lick, Coplay, Hop Wood, Hop Bottom, Intercourse, Lickdale, New Beaver, Rough and Ready, Virginville, and Youngwood PA. Fingerville and Sugar Tit SC. Beaver Crossing, Hooker, and Rumpus Ridge SD

Ballplay, Bumpus Mills, Finger, Flippin, Lick Skillet, Nutbush, Rockwood, Shackle Island, and Sweet Lips TN. Bangs, Camp Wood, Cumby, Cummings, Dickens, Ding Dong, Friendswood, Latex, Leakey, Lovelady, Rockwood, and Tool TX

Beaver, Beaver Dam, Honeyville, Nibley, Teasdale, Virgin, Whipup, and Wildwood UT. Handcock and Shaftsbury VT. Assawoman, Bumpass, Fancy Gap, Onancock, Pound, Short Pump, and Tuckahoe VA.

Bangor, Baring, Big Bottom, Humptulips and Packwood WA. Bald Knob, Beech Bottom, Big Chimney, Big Sandy, Brohard, Cloverlick, Concepcion, Cougar, Cougar Valley, Cucumber, Droop, Johnson Crossroads, Knobs, Lick Creek, Longpole, Mercers Bottom, Nutterville, Pinch, Romance, Sandlick, Stony Bottom, and Wood WV

Cheat Lake, Dickeyville, Clam Falls, Imalone, Longwood, Sextonville, Spooner, and Spread Eagle WI. Goshenhole, Hoback, McNutt, Meeteetse, Miner's Delight, and finally Teton Village WY.
Left one out: There's a well-known newspaper headline in Minnesota: “Fertile Woman Dies in Climax”

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Ahem! Spurgeon was my Dad's name. I never thought of it as being suggestive. The town and my Dad were both named after Charles Spurgeon which Wikipedia says "was an English Particular Baptist preacher. Spurgeon remains highly influential among Christians of various[which?] denominations, among whom he is known as the "Prince of Preachers". "
No disrespect to your family, Essence. Due to America's historically strict public morality, we developed the most synonyms on the subjects of sex and alcohol, because you couldn't use the original words. That just happens to be one of them. The Austin Powers movie has a long skit about that.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
No disrespect to your family, Essence. Due to America's historically strict public morality, we developed the most synonyms on the subjects of sex and alcohol, because you couldn't use the original words. That just happens to be one of them. The Austin Powers movie has a long skit about that.
No disrespect taken at all. Just sort of interested why. A search for Spurgeon or spurge and Austin Powers comes up with nothing. Nothing on urban dictionary either. There is splurge but that is just a normal word. There is spooge but that isn't very close.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Nothing on urban dictionary either.
spurgeon
The word for when a man ejaculates and vomits simultaneously.
"I was just so drunk when she was sucking me off, when I finally came I spurgeoned everywhere."

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Essence Lumin
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Huh. I don't know why it didn't show up for me. Thanks.