Nobody cares about food.

Lady Darnk Juniorette

⚧🎃💀Chaos Agent Forum Lord💀🎃⚧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2012
SLU Posts
I just peeled an orange with so much oil in the rind I had to wipe my hands mutiple times this sounds like so what but no, srsly

I REEK of orange right now.

Ava Glasgow

Ava Ava hot like lava
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I just peeled an orange with so much oil in the rind I had to wipe my hands mutiple times this sounds like so what but no, srsly

I REEK of orange right now.

I do this on purpose because I love the smell of orange. I'm like this for an hour.

Lady Darnk Juniorette

⚧🎃💀Chaos Agent Forum Lord💀🎃⚧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2012
SLU Posts
I made sweet and sour chicken from scratch last night and I'm never doing that again, too much clean up.

• 1Like
Reactions: eku zhong

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Okay okay okay....

I've always been a Dr Pepper fan. Although it has taken second place to Coke Zero, it WAS my favorite soda flavor for the longest time - ever since I was a kid. I've always heard people say things like "it tastes like cough syrup"; but I've always said those people were crazy, it tastes nothing like cough syrup. It tastes like awesome with a twist of yaaas.

But...

Today I tried this brand new flavor. "Dark Berry". It's the new bottles with the blue label, if you've seen them in the coolers. It straight up tastes like Pepper with a shot of Robitussin.

I'll finish this bottle, cuz I paid for it. But....no thanks. There's been plenty of Dr Pepper flavors I didn't really care for enough to buy again; but this is the first one I actively disliked. : /

• 1Hug
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Ellie

Heretical Raccoon Skunk with a Rainbow Pootbeam
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2010
SLU Posts
Anyone with a paprika allergy should be careful which eggs they buy because chickens are now being fed a dietry suppliment containing paprika to make their egg yolkes a deeper yellow color.

In my case this allergy isn't life threatening but does mean several hours of acute digestive pain, bad enough to warrant an emergency visit to a Dr. who was convinced I was having a gallstone attack although this was later disproved.

Allergic reactions to capsicum may occur. Stop eating eggs with capsicum-based coloring and seek emergency medical attention if you experience symptoms of a serious allergic reaction including difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives.Other less serious side effects have also been reported. Talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider if you experience upset stomach; heartburn; diarrhea; migraine attacks or burning sensation in the mouth or throat

Bastards! I need the cheap protein eggs provide but now am extremely wary about eating them.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Oh, yikes....that's bad news. I didn't even realize there was such a thing as a paprika allergy. That must really suck - I know a lot of yellow cheeses are colored with paprika as well. :(

I understand why cheese is often colored like that; but I don't get why eggs need help to make their yolks "deeper yellow". Like what consumer ever looked at an egg and said "this yolk is only medium-yellow, I don't like this?"

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
... It straight up tastes like Pepper with a shot of Robitussin.
In my high school days, a bottle of Robitussin washed down with some Dr. Pepper was considered a very worthwhile buzz.

Or so I have heard. :shiftyeyes:

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Oh, yikes....that's bad news. I didn't even realize there was such a thing as a paprika allergy. That must really suck - I know a lot of yellow cheeses are colored with paprika as well. :(
To the best of my knowledge almost any food could possibly cause an allergy. In the case of capsicum an additional factor is capsaicin. Someone I work with can't even eat the mildest of capsicums without experiencing the same effects what most of us would require a jalepeno to get.

Ellie

Heretical Raccoon Skunk with a Rainbow Pootbeam
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2010
SLU Posts
To the best of my knowledge almost any food could possibly cause an allergy. In the case of capsicum an additional factor is capsaicin. Someone I work with can't even eat the mildest of capsicums without experiencing the same effects what most of us would require a jalepeno to get.
I used to be able to eat bell peppers after their skins were charred and removed. These days I'm more sensitive & dare not risk it.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I'm capsaicin-sensitive. A lot of spicy food is almost intolerably hot for me. As a point of comparison, Taco Bell's nacho cheese concoction is barely tolerable for me. A jalapeno will have me looking for a nearby firehose.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
Just pulled the last of the Easter ham (bone included from a local smokehouse that predates the Civil War (the smokehouse, not the ham (I hope))) and cooked it down. Added smoked bacon, kielbasa, onion, carrots, garlic, cumin, bay leaves, black beans, and lime juice. House smells like soup.