Nobody cares about food.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
When trying to twist open the lid of jar that’s particularly difficult, I find that scrunching up my face in a forced angry-smile really helps. :rolleyes:
I just threaten them with physical violence. Almost always works.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
When trying to twist open the lid of jar that’s particularly difficult, I find that scrunching up my face in a forced angry-smile really helps. :rolleyes:
Two male driven household solutions:

Use a bit of sandpaper in your hand around the lid. (sanding side towards the lid. A mistake you only will make once)
You will be surprised how easy that little extra grip opens that jar.

If you don't have to re-close the jar after usage, this works fine too:

Once there is air in the jar, the lid will open easily because the vacuum has disappeared.

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Maggy Hazelnut

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Two male driven household solutions:

Use a bit of sandpaper in your hand around the lid. (sanding side towards the lid. A mistake you only will make once)
You will be surprised how easy that little extra grip opens that jar.

If you don't have to re-close the jar after usage, this works fine too:

Once there is air in the jar, the lid will open easily because the vacuum has disappeared.
Haven't tried the sandpaper one yet but normally if it's really hard to open I turn the jar over and tap the top of the lid on the counter a couple of times. That seems to loosen it a bit so I can open it. If I can't get it open at that point, I usually give it to my husband, but I'll try the sandpaper trick.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
I used to have something very like this made in the '70s or something that worked pretty well.

• 1Like
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Run hot water over the lid so the metal expands at a different rate than the glass.
This trick usually works well for me. And for that rare jar that still won't open, I just toss it back into the pantry and change the dinner menu for that day.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
This trick usually works well for me. And for that rare jar that still won't open, I just toss it back into the pantry and change the dinner menu for that day.
There is an odd rule in the state liquor franchises here, or was 10 years ago anyway. If you break a bottle of liquor and the seal of the top is still intact on the glass, the bottle is returnable.

• 1Interesting
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale