Nobody cares about food.

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I'm not really fond of the texture of Pringles.
They are basically pressed potato crumbs, while chips/crisps should be thinly sliced potatoes.

And I agree that Germany isn't really a front runner when it comes to crisps.
I shop on a regular base in Germany for all kind of groceries and household stuff, but never for crisps.
:qft: I have never been able to enjoy Pringles, they just don't taste like potato chips to me. They have this weird, baked but oily texture that is very off putting.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Sid

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
If Pringles come in a bag, they must be shaped like the bag. That's how Pringles work.
No no no, of couse they must be shaped like a Boolean cut of a circle projected on the manifold of a bag surface... I expect the corners to be the desireable parts.

PS: can anyone ask one of those math Youtubers to do an X-mas lesson on snack topology?

Isabeau

Merdeuse
I, Isabeau, sitting on the couch desiring a little somethin’ somethin’ sweet, just now this instant remembered there was a bag of chocolate covered almonds in the pantry.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
So they're attempting to fix the can. When are they gonna fix the chips?

For years, the iconic tall tube that houses the hyperbolic paraboloid-shaped potato chips has been at the top of a list of worst offenders when it comes to reusability. In 2017, a recycling trade group in the UK deemed the can the "number one recycling villain."

Now Kellogg's, which owns the Pringles brand, is trying out a new design made of recycled paper in three Tesco grocery stores in England, the company announced in a news release. The cans appeared on shelves on Wednesday and the test will run for six weeks, according to Kellogg's.

The company will test out two versions, one with a paper lid and one with a plastic lid. Both lids will be recyclable, according to Kellogg's.

• 1Interesting
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Sukubia Scarmon

SL Rez
Got to try dragonfruit with my boyfriend! That's something you usually don't see in my part of germany very often because apparently I live in a backwards villige... (It's almost a big city, but okay).
It was expensive and... it did taste fruity, sweet... but I cannot pinpoint it's taste. very... mild. I was a bit dissapointed. He tried some pomegranate and mango, which he never had before (?), he liked the mango, but not the pomegranate. I love both.
Today I got myself Tamarind to try, and I really like them! Sour and sweet, fun to eat.
Oh, and I got a small jar of Fabbri amarena-cherries, those are the ones good icecream parlors use here, and uuh, soo delicious. *_*

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Got to try dragonfruit with my boyfriend! That's something you usually don't see in my part of germany very often because apparently I live in a backwards villige... (It's almost a big city, but okay).
It was expensive and... it did taste fruity, sweet... but I cannot pinpoint it's taste. very... mild....
I find that they taste like a mix of pear and mild kiwi.

I have a dragon fruit plant at home. Pretty. 🌱

Sukubia Scarmon

SL Rez
I find that they taste like a mix of pear and mild kiwi.

I have a dragon fruit plant at home. Pretty. 🌱

That might be why I couldn't really pintpoint it - I don't eat both often, I think over ten years since I ate a pear, and five for Kiwis. (They hurt my tongue ;_; ). But yeah, now that you say it, there's resemblance!

Oh, gotta google how the plants look. I do think the fruits are among some of the prettiest!
Edit: They look AWESOME!

• 1Yay!
Reactions: Isabeau

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
If you were asked what your favorite dessert is, would you struggle to come up with an answer? Or would it be...

...a piece of cake?

• 1Like
Reactions: Jolene Benoir