Nobody cares about food.

Porsupah Ree

Shy bunny
Oct 6, 2018
Probably near London or SF
Simpler fare tonight.

First: mace, marjoram, sage, garlic, cayenne, oyster sauce, potato powder, and lean ground pork, smooshed up and formed into tiny balls into the wok with some simmering water.

Then, I got some spaghetti on.

Next, several sliced chestnut mushrooms into the wok as it all cooked through, then, late on, a couple cavolo nero leaves cut into ribbons and left to steam briefly, before adding about a third of a tin of Campbell’s cream of mushroom to make the sauce. Stirred that in, finished with a little lemon juice, sumac, and Dijon, then dropped onto the pasta.

Nom!

Sid

When life gives you lemmons, trade them for coffee
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Limburg, Netherlands

Rose Karuna

It's cold, Xerdan is wearing a hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 24, 2018
Someplace new soon
Just skipping the pineapple and anchovies here. Then looked at this and wondered at the horror of getting a pizza with both. :sick::eek:

Porsupah Ree

Shy bunny
Oct 6, 2018
Probably near London or SF
For me, it’s about balance - pineapple and ham doesn’t cut it, versus pepperoni, giving the sweetness some zing to bounce off.

Anchovies likewise - I was never a fan, until a little pizzeria near Sydney, whose Capricciosa had anchovies, pepperoni, and capers. A heady combination - definitely not for everyone, but really worked for me, atop a beautifully authentic base.

Sep 19, 2018
Portland, OR
This reddit thread cracked me up.

What food can you bring to an office holiday party that says, "I brought food because the office party is mandatory"?

Just a small flavor of the thread from near the top.

Had a potluck on Thanksgiving one year (place I worked at never closes) and a coworker said he would bring yams. He shows up with a large can of yams. Doesn’t even bring a can opener. He won the passive aggressive employee of the year award that year.
I once had a co-worker bring 1/3 of a cake from her kid's birthday party. It had HAP BI written on the half and was Ninja Turtle themed. It was beautiful to see.
One year someone brought a sausage pizza from Domino’s to a breakfast potluck. Clearly it was last nights delivery mistake because the person who brought it was vegetarian.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Minnesnowta
Just getting a little bit of last minute shopping done for the things I'll be making. I have a major gripe. The chocolate chips are now in 7-12 oz bags instead of the traditional 16 oz bags. Who do they think they are fooling?

They're doing the same thing with bacon. Now, many of them are packaged in 12 oz packages rather than 16 oz yet in their circulars and whatnot they often still have it marked as x.xx/lb. Nope, not a lb.

Surefire way to get on my bad side is to give me less chocolate and bacon.

Free

I'm taking your cows
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 22, 2018
Lindalino
My entire office is going out for lunch Friday, on the boss. To a very nice Tuscan restaurant. I think I might get the Pollo Al Mattone, and tons of sides!

Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Free

I'm taking your cows
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 22, 2018
Lindalino
STOP USING CINDER BLOCKS FOR FOOD PREPARATION!!!!

Free

I'm taking your cows
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 22, 2018
Lindalino
Last edited:

Free

I'm taking your cows
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 22, 2018
Lindalino
By the way, I didn't get the Pollo Al Mattone at my company's Friday lunch. Apparently the restaurant was on their lunch menu...for lunch. So I had the Pollo Panini. Great sandwich, but the fries were too salty. I also dug part way through a shared sausage orecchiette dish which was pure enjoyment, even the sausage almost melted in your mouth.

Later, lots of frozen margaritas :cheers: