Nobody cares about food.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts

It's not a consumer rejection of meatless burgers in general because Burger King's "Impossible Whopper" is doing well enough that they just added another Impossible burger to their menu last month. I haven't tried Beyond's burger patties on my own yet (Beyond is the brand McDonald's was testing), but I assume they're fine enough. The only thing I can think of is McD's choosing the name "McPlant" for its sandwich, which to be quite honest is a terrible choice, and might have turned people off trying it maybe?

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Beyond is pretty good. Flavour is comparable, texture is a little different and one one way I found it more pleasant than the slight gristly texture of real meat. My problem with it is you’re swapping protein of carbs.

Sid

Fulltime coffee drinker.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
How about the amount of carbs in these 'burgers'?
I expect that to rise a lot in those plant burgers compared to the meat version. Pure meat has no carbs.
And for someone with diabetes, like me, the amount of carbs in a product is as decisive as the taste.
For instance, I love pizza but I seldom eat them because of that.

Last edited:

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Well, the buns have carbs, too, and meatless burgers are popular elsewhere. It isn’t for everyone. They’re for those who are reducing their meat intake, or don’t want to eat animals. It’s not like they’re taking meat off their menu.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Sid

Sid

Fulltime coffee drinker.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I agree, but I'm still curious to know how many cards these meatless burgers have.

I eat less meat now a days, for the environment , by just skipping the meat when preparing dinner, no replacement made out of whatever.
Ordering a burger at Burger King or similar and only eat the buns, doesn't make much sense though.
So it is always good to have alternatives when needed that are as low on carbs as possible. :)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: Isabeau

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
I agree, but I'm still curious to know how many cards these meatless burgers have.

I eat less meat now a days, for the environment , by just skipping the meat when preparing dinner, no replacement made out of whatever.
Ordering a burger at Burger King or similar and only eat the buns, doesn't make much sense though.
So it is always good to have alternatives when needed that are as low on carbs as possible. :)
The Impossible Whopper has a mere (!) 58 grams per 629 calorie (!) burger, which counts the bun and the nominal contributions of the veggies and condiments. 4 grams of fiber adds up to 54 grams net carbs.

By way of comparison, their Whopper (The Possible Whopper?) has 740 calories and 50 grams of carbs. 2 grams of fiber gives you 48 grams net carbs.

Source: Fast Food Nutrition Facts

ETA: Here's the data for the patty alone:

Last edited: