Wasn't sure where to post this but I thought it must go somewhere

• 1Yay!
Reactions: Govi

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

bubblesort

This was a triumph. I'm making a note here, huge success.

This kinda reminds me of the portals in an older academic virtual world called Open Cobalt. Looking at the photos in the article, I think it would have been a lot better if they used tilt shift lenses on the cameras to make it look more like you are looking directly at the other side, rather than looking down on it, but that would probably be a lot more difficult to set up at scale.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Her illustrated Moomin books, which began to be published just after the second world war, brought her phenomenal acclaim and devotion. The tales of amiable troll creatures have been taken to generations of hippy hearts; their pear-shaped faces have adorned a million ties. Their marketing triumph – in which Jansson enthusiastically participated – has overshadowed her other achievements as a painter, novelist, short-story writer, anti-Nazi cartoonist, and designer of magazine covers. Success may also have obscured how ambivalent she was, how often on the cusp of identities. She was brought up in Finland speaking Swedish, had male and female lovers, told her stories in pictures and in prose, lived on water as well as land. More and more she appears as a pioneer. Not least in her crystalline descriptions of the natural world.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Ashiri

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts