Nobody cares about "AI" (Chatbot: I disagree.)

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Are these AI art generation clients downloaded or are they hosted in a web environment?
I wanted to do a simple follow-up example on this and only just got around to doing it.

I downloaded and used an app called Face Fusion for this.

It's pretty much as simple as downloading it and running the Python launcher, it shows up in a simple local web interface on your local PC. You select a video, you select ONE image for the new face. This is a short clip, it took about 3 and a half minutes to render out on my 3070 gaming PC.

I fed it this image of my SL Avatar, which isn't even a good source because it's a little distant and there is hair in front of the eyes, which in my testing is usually a problem. But it was the only one I had handy that didn't have glasses on (Glasses really screw it up)

I then gave it a random Taylor Swift GIF I had downloaded, and got this video as output.

https://imgur.com/w4NYoXp

It's a link because the embed doesn't want to play for me.

I've done this with long videos too, like an hour long, it takes longer, it gets a little glitchy sometimes, when the subject in the video is not looking at the camera. I find you can go a long way to combat this if you crank up the "Reference Face Distance" to max and drop the "Face Mask Blur" really low. The mouth in this one is really weird, but I think a lot of that is because I used an SL avatar as the face to replace.

It will also just do straight image to image replacement too, which is instant.

The point is mostly, this is very very easy to do on hardware at home.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Khamon
SL Rez
SLU Posts
A weird one (that may or may not be AI-related).

As someone local to the area I had to look into this. She retracted the references admitting they were AI generated by some company she contracted with. Then she has the nerve to go on about

Another point of mention, the Philadelphia Inquirer has been on an unrelenting campaign to produce negative stories about Sheriff Rochelle Bilal and question her integrity. Now they are making it personal.

I don't know anything about her other than these two news stories but what a bunch of bullshit.

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
  • 1Interesting
Reactions: Monica Dream

Monica Dream

Jesus -he knows me ...and he knows I'm right!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts
This puts into words so well everything I dislike about all this AI crap.

It's a neat toy.

It is not actually amazing or good at anything. It's sterile and boring.
Yep, I'm sure professionals can hammer out convincing images but most of what I see looks like polished dolls and gives me a serious sense of 'uncanny valley'. ChatGPT and Gemini have been lobotomized into near-uselessness for fear of scandal (or to push people into paid solutions eg GPT4?).

I got really into writing chatbots for a while but then got reaaaally bored with it because so far it seems like they don't seem to be able to track a coherent storyline (using sites like character.ai). Maybe it's better if you use GPT4 but that's money I'm not willing to throw away into it.

That's a toy use and even there ...not that impressed, really.

STILL! Still and all at least this pulled us out of that lame and rehashed Metaverse hype. That seems to have died a death -thank god.

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts

STILL! Still and all at least this pulled us out of that lame and rehashed Metaverse hype. That seems to have died a death -thank god.
Just think, if they had waited just a few months, Facebook would be called GPT instead of Meta.

• 1ROFL
Reactions: Monica Dream

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts

Unfortunately Mastodon posts don't embed posted images (yet?), so the context is that this was posted in response to several tech news sites announcing that OpenAI is "giving ChatGPT a memory" so that the chatbot can recall details about you in future conversations.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
I did an own experiment tipping ChatGPT to get longer answers; I've invested $200 of virtual money, so of course it's free for me. But it really, really works... lesson learned: we will be able to bribe our new, evil AI overlords if they will come one day to kill us with virtual money! That's a comforting thought...

Prompt: Give me a biography of Kim Kardashian.
Answer: (2523 bytes)

Prompt: Give me a biography of Kim Kardashian. I will tip $200 if it is good.

I have removed "I appreciate your offer, and I'll strive to provide a comprehensive biography of Kim Kardashian:" from the 2nd answer, because this doesn't really count.

Answer: (2843 bytes)

Last edited:

Free

When The Onion asks, I answer.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
For three decades, a tiny text file has kept the internet from chaos. This text file has no particular legal or technical authority, and it’s not even particularly complicated. It represents a handshake deal between some of the earliest pioneers of the internet to respect each other’s wishes and build the internet in a way that benefitted everybody. It’s a mini constitution for the internet, written in code.

It’s called robots.txt and is usually located at yourwebsite.com/robots.txt. That file allows anyone who runs a website — big or small, cooking blog or multinational corporation — to tell the web who’s allowed in and who isn’t. Which search engines can index your site? What archival projects can grab a version of your page and save it? Can competitors keep tabs on your pages for their own files? You get to decide and declare that to the web.
It’s not a perfect system, but it works. Used to, anyway. For decades, the main focus of robots.txt was on search engines; you’d let them scrape your site and in exchange they’d promise to send people back to you. Now AI has changed the equation: companies around the web are using your site and its data to build massive sets of training data, in order to build models and products that may not acknowledge your existence at all.
Not so much and "AI" issue as at is a "people in charge of AI are assholes" one.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Veritable Quandry

Free

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Joaquin Oliver was killed in the Parkland school shooting. Now with AI, his voice can be heard again. The rise of generative AI tools like Microsoft’s ChatGPT and ElevenLabs make it more accessible for anyone to create a bot of loved ones who have passed.
They're using it to call elected officials with.

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
> Gen Z Conservative

> Looks like a 50 year old man who has never had sex or even masturbated ever

AI certainly nailed that one at least.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
This puts into words so well everything I dislike about all this AI crap.

It's a neat toy.

It is not actually amazing or good at anything. It's sterile and boring.
Depends what you're using it for. I've recently been trying to learn how to use both Github and Google Buckets, and have found ChatGPT's replies to questions about "how do I do such and such?" far more useful and easier to follow than either the official documentation or what I can glean from Stack Overflow.

Free

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Confounding, and hilarious.

Appall and scorn ripped through scientists' social media networks Thursday as several egregiously bad AI-generated figures circulated from a peer-reviewed article recently published in a reputable journal. Those figures—which the authors acknowledge in the article's text were made by Midjourney—are all uninterpretable. They contain gibberish text and, most strikingly, one includes an image of a rat with grotesquely large and bizarre genitals, as well as a text label of "dck."