Next GOP hit target: Lauren Boebert

Jopsy Pendragon

Impeach Catholic Jurists
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Honestly, I'm taking that as a 'we're traitors, so everyone we don't like is one too' or even as a 'if you don't think and act exactly like we do, you aren't a real american' - both are frightening, but the MSM is going on about Biden's age, how dems aren't in line with modern america, and all sorts of other devicisve BS.... because I don't know, greed, not wanting to be forced to pay taxes....
Signs of 'too big to fail' thinking. Before the midterm elections they're gonna sound more like: "We can't be wrong if we're the only ones left! Who'll stop us from executing 'undesirables'? There's too many of us to stop! We're the god damned Majority! We Make The Rules! Politicians that don't serve US are conspiring with minority traitors! Death to them all!"

• 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

WolfEyes

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Honestly, I'm taking that as a 'we're traitors, so everyone we don't like is one too' or even as a 'if you don't think and act exactly like we do, you aren't a real american' - both are frightening, but the MSM is going on about Biden's age, how dems aren't in line with modern america, and all sorts of other devicisve BS.... because I don't know, greed, not wanting to be forced to pay taxes....
It's about control. If they can't control everything and everyone around them, they panic. Allowing others to just be who and what they are is anathema to that control. They can't have that because it means they aren't in control.

Round and around and around and around. Stop and let me off.

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Regardless of how much of a hypocrite she is, regardless of how bad a human she is, I am very unsettled to see the personal medical information about her abortion (or any other personal medical information) published.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Regardless of how much of a hypocrite she is, regardless of how bad a human she is, I am very unsettled to see the personal medical information about her abortion (or any other personal medical information) published.
I'm mixed - because it also shows just how easy it is to get that information which means gop women who want that right for themselves might be even more inclined to go vote against their own party.

But seriously? she is a public figure of her own choice.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

WolfEyes

SL Rez
Joined SLU
If someone runs for public office they should expect their lives to be public as well.

Put yourself in the spotlight and the spotlight will be on you.

ETA: Just so you know, the only part of me you'll ever see in the spotlight are my hands.

Last edited:

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
If someone runs for public office they should expect their lives to be public as well.

Put yourself in the spotlight and the spotlight will be on you.

ETA: Just so you know, the only part of me you'll ever see in the spotlight are my hands.

Love the shadow animals!

I hear what you're saying but I often wonder if the reason that we get such horrible politicians is because the press and rival parties make every little detail of their lives public (so we tend to get a lot of shameless psychopaths). Some things are just private (like medical information), also no one is perfect, everyone has made mistakes (or their spouse or children have). Frankly, I'd never run for office for just that reason. Heaven knows what kind of stuff would surface about me that I prefer to be kept private. :shiftyeyes: :ashamed:

I'm not defending Boebert, she is a despicable human and because she's such a hypocrite, I understand the opinion.

• 1Hug
Reactions: WolfEyes

WolfEyes

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Love the shadow animals!

I hear what you're saying but I often wonder if the reason that we get such horrible politicians is because the press and rival parties make every little detail of their lives public (so we tend to get a lot of shameless psychopaths). Some things are just private (like medical information), also no one is perfect, everyone has made mistakes (or their spouse or children have). Frankly, I'd never run for office for just that reason. Heaven knows what kind of stuff would surface about me that I prefer to be kept private. :shiftyeyes::ashamed:

I'm not defending Boebert, she is a despicable human and because she's such a hypocrite, I understand the opinion.
On the other hand, if the media didn't expose the skeletons in the closet, we'd never know the person we voted for is a psychopath. The best person for the job is the one who doesn't want the job.

Two-edged sword. Let's lay it on its side and walk on the flat of the blade.

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The term you are looking for is "public figure"
A single word is all it can take and you could make sweeping changes in society. Business deals are made/or broken... people buy and sell... and in some cases people can have their lifes ruined.

Anything you say can be used for and against you.and it become very difficult to protect yourself

that kind of power has its drawbacks...having to be held to a higher standard then a normal citizen. people following you scrutinizing your every move.. seeing how you tick so they know what to expect and predict what you might this "influencer" will do. some may attempt to manipulate you to say what they want... cause you have this sway over people. this is why it usually requires really thick skin.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Rose Karuna

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez
I hear what you're saying but I often wonder if the reason that we get such horrible politicians is because the press and rival parties make every little detail of their lives public (so we tend to get a lot of shameless psychopaths). Some things are just private (like medical information), also no one is perfect, everyone has made mistakes (or their spouse or children have). Frankly, I'd never run for office for just that reason. Heaven knows what kind of stuff would surface about me that I prefer to be kept private. :shiftyeyes::ashamed:

On the other hand, if the media didn't expose the skeletons in the closet, we'd never know the person we voted for is a psychopath. The best person for the job is the one who doesn't want the job.
I think you're both right. Dragging politicians through the ringer absolutely restricts the quality of candidates we get. How wise can you be and still want to be nationally known?! I think the public has the right to know if an office holder does something criminal, but I don't think society benefits from the dragging public figures go through. Like... the fact that AOC's boyfriend once wore flip flops on vacation made the news at one point... In particular, I don't think it's good for society that the media often goes after the family members of public figures (totally different if the family member was given an office).

• 2Agree
Reactions: Rose Karuna and Marita