New starter avatars

Joined SLU
July 2007
SLU Posts
The only time avatar height really bothers me is when there's a couple and one of them is twice the height of the other one. Like, couldn't they meet in the middle or something? It just looks weird.

• 1Like
Reactions: Govi

Kaimi Kyomoon

Persistent Participant
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
The only time avatar height really bothers me is when there's a couple and one of them is twice the height of the other one. Like, couldn't they meet in the middle or something? It just looks weird.
Like 5'6" me and 6'6" Bruce in rl. Kaimi is way taller than rl human me. Maybe I should change that.

• 1Like
Reactions: Shiloh Lyric
Joined SLU
July 2007
SLU Posts
Like 5'6" me and 6'6" Bruce in rl. Kaimi is way taller than rl human me. Maybe I should change that.
More like 8ft tall man and tiny "realistic size" woman who reaches to about his waist XD

EmpressOfCommunism

Feted Inner Collective Farmer <3
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The sex animations must be even more hilarious than normal!
Two platonic friends of mine found themselves to be hilariously mismatched in size for their avvies. She was two inches taller then her RL self at 5'2 . He was an enormous decked out Frankenstein avatar at about 7'6. A couch they were sitting on had A rated animations and they were curious...lets just say I'm glad surprise belly button and chest based pregnancies aren't a thing in SL(yet)

But, all this newbie avatar tallness tells me is that there's no end in site for the ridiculousness regarding avatar height and child avvies. Same friend gets regularly auto booted from A rated fetish places due to an ancient anti child avatar detection system that figures anyone under 6'0 is a kid. Nonsense!

Gear

Resident Anime
SL Rez
And this is why I hang out with other animes.

Lewis Luminos

The Gingerbeard Man
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Pay attention to how the hands look on these new avatars... they really look bad... Musician guy has plastic stiff hands with slender ladylike fingers, the old guy has his blocky mesh hands all twisted up into a half fist...
All the hands in general look freakish and too large.
Dude carrying a radio and wearing an ugly 70's disco shirt looks like he has some medical condition as his hands are too large in proportion to his body.
The hand size is set at 55 on all these male avatars. Which is actually probably closer to RL than the SL standard 20. If you put your hand up to your face with the heel of your palm against the tip of your chin, your fingertips will be well over your forehead. The average SL hand isn't anywhere near that size, usually, but these are. But they're just ordinary classic shapes/bodies, no mesh at all on any of them, and they're mod, so you can make the hands as big or as small as you want. They look okay at a smaller size.

The skins aren't great; they have decent faces but they lack detail in the body and the skin tones are very flat. Hair and outfits might be worth keeping but the clothes are not all mix-and-match. I'm keeping the shoes, and the old guy's suit.

But the half-decent basic AO they included with the last batch of starters is gone again, so they're back to duck-walking.

Are the new avatars still fully no-mod?
Yes, except for the shapes. But the new user experience stopped teaching building and editing years ago.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer
Joined SLU
July 2007
SLU Posts
The hand size is set at 55 on all these male avatars. Which is actually probably closer to RL than the SL standard 20. If you put your hand up to your face with the heel of your palm against the tip of your chin, your fingertips will be well over your forehead. The average SL hand isn't anywhere near that size, usually, but these are.
As an avatar with size 100 hands (AKA the correct and sexiest size) people usually chuckle when I call them a smallhands, but almost all of them have their hand size set to 10 or lower. Especially common with female avatars. Do people think hands are ugly so they make them as small as possible? Or is it just that you set the sizes of hands and arms in the T-pose so you have no real idea if they match up proportionately or if you have tiny T-Rex arms that barely reach your waist?

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
As an avatar with size 100 hands (AKA the correct and sexiest size) people usually chuckle when I call them a smallhands, but almost all of them have their hand size set to 10 or lower. Especially common with female avatars. Do people think hands are ugly so they make them as small as possible?
Trump fans maybe?

• 1LOL
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Vaelissa Cortes

SL Rez
She was two inches taller then her RL self at 5'2 . He was an enormous decked out Frankenstein avatar at about 7'6. A couch they were sitting on had A rated animations and they were curious...lets just say I'm glad surprise belly button and chest based pregnancies aren't a thing in SL(yet)
This is very Second Life. Well scaled, sanely proportioned avatars are almost exclusively female. Seeing a well proportioned male avatar (which requires a more realistic height), is exceptionally rare. I will regularly go months between seeing a new (as in not the same guy) male avatar with a good shape. This is something I am frequently reminded of since I get propositioned for bang time a lot, even if I'm just out at a shop, and I can't remember the last time I could take a single one seriously due to their avatars being so insanely tall.

But, all this newbie avatar tallness tells me is that there's no end in site for the ridiculousness regarding avatar height and child avvies. Same friend gets regularly auto booted from A rated fetish places due to an ancient anti child avatar detection system that figures anyone under 6'0 is a kid. Nonsense!)
It used to be a lot more common, by that same logic, most male avatars must be elderly since they're so tall! What places need to do is emphasize both good proportions and overall look, instead of catering to people with bad shapes.

• 1Like
Reactions: EmpressOfCommunism

Andi

Luskwood Staff
SL Rez
Joined SLU
11-04-2010
SLU Posts
mm well I'll tinker with them then wont I. mwhahah

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
Also, (and by this point I'm assuming someone at the Lab is just trolling Penny Patton) they all seem to be 6'6" tall.
Ha! I believe they are, for the reasons we can all probably guess.

This is very Second Life. Well scaled, sanely proportioned avatars are almost exclusively female.
Ha!

Seeing a well proportioned male avatar (which requires a more realistic height), is exceptionally rare. I will regularly go months between seeing a new (as in not the same guy) male avatar with a good shape.
I see them now and then. They're either the "malt" of a female in RL resident, or they're in the Steamlands. HA!

This is something I am frequently reminded of since I get propositioned for bang time a lot, even if I'm just out at a shop,
They tend to not bother me, I figure my profile does it, which in the case of propositions from men I don't mind.

Lewis Luminos

The Gingerbeard Man
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I deliberately made my avatar 6'3", which makes me as much below the average SL male avatar as I am below the average man in RL. But generally I agree with ChronoCloud; most well-proportioned men I've encountered in SL are either malts or they're part of a roleplaying community that promotes realistic-sized avatars.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer