Spirits Rising

Voice of Reason/Quite Blunt
Sep 21, 2018
Akron, OH
SL Rez
Joined SLU
08/24/2014
SLU Posts
Last time I got a phone it was back when LG was just putting what would become their G line of phones on the market. I got an LG Optimus G Pro and while I still have it, it has been relegated to use as a fancy MP3 Player and rooted.

Its replacement? An LG V30 - now the V30 ThinQ (don't mistake ThinQ as part of the branding or phone name, it is nothing more than their custom AI software suite) and a few quirks aside (it will restart itself if I leave it on/in locked mode for too many days) is a bloody reliable phone. It's geared more or less for photographers/Videographers and music listeners but still ...

I intend to grab the V40 when I can afford it.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
Sep 20, 2018
SL: November RL: DC
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I want to buy a new phone and am thinking about moving away from iPhone. The Samsung Galaxy S9 has caught my eye but, while the majority of internet reviews for it generally seem quite good, there are a few very negative ones on my carrier's site that are giving me pause. Before I make the purchase, I was wondering if any of you have phones that you particularly like and can recommend.
I have an S8+ and am very happy with it. I skipped the S9 because I typically only get a new phone every 2 or 3 years and the S9 is not hugely different than the S8. If you want to skimp go for the S8 or S8+, or if you want to go all out go and be on the bleeding edge go for the foldable version (the galaxy X if name rumors are right) coming out in the next few months. Although I would advise holding off on the foldable version for a generation or two so you do not wind up being Samsung's bug tester. Given how close the S9 is to the S8 series though the phone should be fine.

Jan 11, 2019
Thinking about hTc U Ultra Which cost around 310 usd and that is a pretty good deal. I would recommend that you purchase a case for it as the HTC U Ultra is quite fragile.

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox

Last edited: