Yay! New Linden Homes

Chin Rey

Lag fighter
SL Rez
People claim that free accounts ruined our world but they didn't. It was sculpted prims, then mesh, then moles.
No... and yes and maybe and all of that. But I can tell you exactly what the problem is. It's in the FAQ section of the LDPW page in the wiki

Aren't you supposed to be fixing lag and stuff?
The LDPW project has no impact whatsoever on engineering or development efforts to improve Second Life. You REALLY don't want the the LDPW folks mucking about in the server code. Trust me.
This is sooo wrong. When LL was developing sculpts and mesh, they had a staff of highly skilled and experienced builders at hand. There should have been a continuous dialogue and a close cooperation between the developers and builders. The developers should have made full use of the practical experience of the builders and when the features were launched, the builders should have been ready, and fully updated and familiar with them. That didn't happen, and it may have been the biggest mistake LL ever made.

I always feel a bit bad when I criticize the Moles because it isn't really their fault that they underperform. They're victims of a classic example of Mushroom management, kept in the dark and fed manure. Nobody can work well under such conditions.

Last edited:

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
No... and yes and maybe and all of that. But I can tell you exactly what the problem is. It's in the FAQ section of the LDPW page in the wiki

This is sooo wrong. When LL was developing sculpts and mesh, they had a staff of highly skilled and experienced builders at hand. There should have been a continuous dialogue and a close cooperation between the developers and builders. The developers should have made full use of the practical experience of the builders and when the features were launched, the builders should have been ready, and fully updated and familiar with them. That didn't happen, and it may have been the biggest mistake LL ever made.

I always feel a bit bad when I criticize the Moles because it isn't really their fault that they underperform. They're victims of a classic example of Mushroom management, kept in the dark and fed manure. Nobody can work well under such conditions.
This is LL’s standard MO. Like it is always a bit pathetic when they proudly present their latest innovation to creators/merchants, who they expect to be overjoyed: A surprise! And time after time (tho not every time*) they are informed that surprises are not appreciated, because LL forgot to consult the intended beneficiaries, and consequently got it all wrong.

It’s like telling a two year old you don’t want the dead bug he found.

* Exception: They hit it out of the park with their latest upgrade to the marketplace, which showed that someone finally was listening!

Last edited: