Joined SLU
Pretty and I like the weeping willows.

RodeejahUrquan

Horns n' Furz
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I don't remember, hah!
SLU Posts
Not bad. Definitely gives off that "I live waaay outside of the city" vibe. :)

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
If the availability is as scarce as the other themed homes, I'm totally unimpressed.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Monica Dream

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Where are the castles, or beach homes, or winter chalets. Where are the houses based on architecture from other continents besides North America? Where are the sci fi homes, or even 50s style modern?

It just looked like more of the same to me [except the house boats; those were neat]

Ziggy Starsmith

Where are the castles, or beach homes, or winter chalets. Where are the houses based on architecture from other continents besides North America? Where are the sci fi homes, or even 50s style modern?

It just looked like more of the same to me [except the house boats; those were neat]
To me it seems a waste. Who will want an older Traditional home now with these bigger versions? I want some cabins and hobbit houses lol.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Ellie

Luisa Land

I agree.
Certainly
the houses meet the taste of many residents...and there is a great demand for them.
And they are well made..
But they reflect the American (middle class?) way of living.
That's ok, but for sl one would wish that there would be some room for some other ideas besides that too
Your world, your imagination
And for some residents our world is not only american suburbia

imho The houseboats are a step in the right direction.

Last edited:

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Hoping for some adobe and pavilion style tent homes eventually. Also like the idea of log cabins, maybe A frames, in the woods like Slate used to be. I always wanted a condo in an active and populated city sim but never found a well operated, active, and populated city sim probably due to performance issues.

Knutz Scorpio

SL Rez
Joined SLU
02-15-2014
To me it seems a waste. Who will want an older Traditional home now with these bigger versions? I want some cabins and hobbit houses lol.
There are some that prefer less house to furnish and more outside area for gardening, etc. And some, like me, have added onto our Traditionals. Most fun I've had in SL in quite a while was creating the two large additions on my Winchester and several smaller add-ons. I'm probably going to borrow details from the Victorians to add to my place.

The one thing I don't like about the Victorian houses are some of the textures. The bumbiness, grunge, and general feel of some of the interior textures seem exaggerated, the thought crossed my mind of having the places checked for lead paint.

[edited for typos]

Last edited:

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
They look like a tract home take on "Victorian."

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
They look like a tract home take on "Victorian."
They pretty much have to be. Otherwise you'd end up with a lot of these:

Or a lot of these:

• 1Thanks
Haven't seen them in person yet, but they do look pretty in a conventional/traditional way. Not my style of home, especially if they have lots of windows all around. I'm a girl who needs lots of picture hanging space, I reject a lot of beautiful house builds because of their window count :D

I did get hopeful that LL would come out with something a tiny bit more creative or more boats. Had they done some narrowboats like the ones I nearly bought in London, I'd have seriously thought about premium again. Just something with a little imagination, perhaps the option to scale the building to suit different avi heights, for the non-giraffes among us too.

• 1Like

Archer

Arch Enemy
SL Rez
Joined SLU
They're not done yet. I would imagine the group LL have put together to do all this has more stuff up their sleeve. Making sure you give them your feedback on what you'd like to see is always important.

• 1Thanks

Chin Rey

Lag fighter
SL Rez
I did get hopeful that LL would come out with something a tiny bit more creative or more boats. Had they done some narrowboats like the ones I nearly bought in London
I don't think that would be a good idea. If you look at the few times the Moles and Lindens have tried to build in some European or Asian style, you see how totally lost they are the moment they step outside their comfort zone. It's better to let them stick to what they do best.

(Edit: Crazy Mole is an exception since European was her comfort zone. Narrowboats would have been spot on for her if she had still worked here.)

Last edited:
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Sid
I don't think that would be a good idea. If you look at the few times the Moles and Lindens have tried to build in some European or Asian style, you see how totally lost they are the moment they step outside their comfort zone. It's better to let them stick to what they do best.

(Edit: Crazy Mole is an exception since European was her comfort zone. Narrowboats would have been spot on for her if she had still worked here.)
Yeah, it's wishful thinking on my part really, the moles could really make a mess if they did narrowboats badly.

Luisa Land

you are certainly right
One has to consider the situation/ skills/ comfort-zones of the creators

Chin Rey

Lag fighter
SL Rez
Yeah, it's wishful thinking on my part really, the moles could really make a mess if they did narrowboats badly.
They would do it badly because it's something that's totally alien to them.

We may see that in those new "Victorian" houses actually. They're in a simplified and stylized "American Victorian" style of course and have nothing to do with what we call victorian style in Europe. That's fair enough but reading Inara's article, I get the feeling they actually don't understand the difference.

I may misunderstand her of course but no matter how we look at it, those houses shouldn't be named "Doyle", "Verne" and "Shelley", they need names like "Twain", "Hawtorne" and "Melville"!

One has to consider the situation/ skills/ comfort-zones of the creators
Absolutely!

That raises a question though: who is going to do all the other styles? There's definitely a need for it. more than half SL's popualtion are not white Americans. Right now we a number of small and medium sized estates filling in many of the holes but if LL really intends to launch 5,000 Belliserria regions it can only mean they are planning to squeeze those out of the market.

Joined SLU
July 2007
SLU Posts
I wanted one of the earlier houses but could never get one and Premium costs to much so I just downgraded to basic.