Navigating Gender in the Workplace

Kamilah Hauptmann

A bit of a wanker
SL Rez
Is your employer biased against Germans?
I was thinking of this earlier. Is the German directness a function of a societal default assumption of good faith and a default level of trust?

Grandma Bates

Only mostly banned....
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
Yes
SLU Posts
Going by all the gratuitus butt kissing around here, it is clear Ms Beebo has intimidated you all enough to elicit this pathetic, sycophantic response. Having suffered her incessant haranguing as her neighbor on Clearwing, I am under no such illusion of her abusive nature. Between the outrageous script overload from her bar, and her drunken patrons wandering the sim in various states of inebriation and undress, I can personally vouch for her tyrannical approach to dealing with the people around her. I am sure you all would change your mind after a couple sessions of her screaming, red faced, because you had the temerity to quietly ask about one of her bar flies passed out on your front lawn in a pool of her own urine and vomit. It is high time someone stands up to her excessive bullying, and I want you to know that I fully support you if you muster the courage to do so.

Apropos of nothing in particular....

Jopsy Pendragon

Democracy was a nice experiment while it lasted.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
"Intimidated" is the interpretation I assumed, without any doubt. It's difficult to be worried about safety when none of us have ever been in the same room together,
Safety also includes job security... which can be threatened without being in the same room. But if it seems like they specifically meant 'intimidated' by 'slightly scared' (regional language variations and all), then I suppose that's not as worrisome. :)

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
And what's that point of waiting until the end of the year with those performance reviews anyway? Sounds tardy to me. When my boss wants to talk to me, he knows where to find me.
We actually have them every quarter or after a certain number of hours spent on a specific project. I usually don't ask this director for an evaluation because too often she just never gets around to it, but this year she responded immediately (and was very complementary). For a global company with over 5000 employees there needs to be a very structured approach to ensure against office politics, favoritism, and bias. I believe that increasing HR rigor has helped me catch up on compensation. For a number of reasons, some my own fault, I believe I was lagging behind and the metrics probably caught that inequity, so I finally received a few salary bumps to bring me more in line with my job level (which was also late in coming).