Navalny out of coma after poisoning

Tirellia

Cold and Wet
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Navalny out of coma after poisoning

Putin and his minions are just as brazen as ever. I assume they hoped Navalny would die without poisoning being suspected or diagnosed. There can be no doubt that the hand of Putin or the FSB is behind this, nobody else has a stock of Novichok.

A more robust response from a few more world leaders might possibly help to persuade Putin to stop murdering people and invading neighbouring countries. Maybe. Perhaps.

• 1Thanks
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Govi and Innula Zenovka

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
I disagree. In my opinion it was never about killing him, but instead to send a message to all others who want to try what Nawalny did.

Novichok is considered to be one of the deadliest nerve poisons known to mankind, you only do need a ridiculous small amount of 1 up to 10 milligramms to kill an adult.

Since Nawalny did not die in Russia, but was still able to travel to Germany the used amount of Novichok must have been carefully calculated to give him exactly that type of opportunity. Since it is not so easy to get hold of that nerve agent it is like leaving your business card aside the victim. Whoever has the ability to get some of that stuff also should have the knowledge about the exact lethal dose, which is today something you can lookup at Wikipedia. So the fact that Nawalny did not die just strongly indicates that his death was never the intended result of that assassination.

• 1Interesting
Reactions: Tirellia

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I hope they take care of Biden, as it would not be beyond Putin / Trump to kill him.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Colleagues of Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny said Thursday that a water bottle with a trace of the Novichok nerve agent was found in his hotel room in the Siberian city of Tomsk after he fell ill on a flight from there to Moscow last month.

Navalny later was flown to Germany, where he was kept in an induced coma for more than two weeks as he was treated with an antidote at Berlin's Charite hospital. Members of his team accused the Kremlin of involvement in the poisoning, charges that Russian officials have vehemently denied.

The Kremlin has bristled at calls from German Chancellor Angela Merkel and other leaders to answer questions about the poisoning, urging Germany to provide its evidence.

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
Nawalny is currently recovering in a tiny village in the Black Forest region. The hamlet's tiny population of 400 now very stressed residents has been temporarily augmented by dozens of bodyguards, law enforcement officers, journalists and so on.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Владимир Путин has an annual "ask me anything" press conference, which seems to be a big thing in Russia. This year's edition was today by video conference, over 4 1/2 hours reporters asked him stuff.

Putin told the world this about Navalny: "Listen, we know very well what this is... this is a legalization, not some investigation but the legalization of the materials of American special services."
"What, we don't know that they are tracking location? Our special services know this perfectly well, the FSB officers and officers of other agencies know it. They use their phones where they deem necessary not to conceal their location. And if it's like that -- and it is -- it means this patient in the Berlin clinic is enjoying the support of the US special services in this."
"And if that's correct, then that's interesting, then of course [our] special services need to keep an eye on him. But that doesn't mean he needs to be poisoned, who needs him anyway? If [they] wanted to, they would've probably finished it."
"But in this case, his wife asked me, and I immediately gave the order to let him out of the country to be treated in Germany... This is a trick to attack the leaders [in Russia]."

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Well the answer was interesting; if I were Putin, I would instead have said this:

"It's our ultimate principle to not kill people, and our authorities don't have killer squadrons. We are also a member of the chemical weapons convention, and have destroyed all of our chemical agents."

Then again nobody would believe that coming from Putin anyway.

Last edited:

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Well the answer was interesting; if I were Putin, I would instead have said this:

"It's our ultimate principle to not kill people, and our authorities don't have killer squadrons. We are also a member of the chemical weapons convention, and have destroyed all of our chemical agents."

Then again nobody would believe that coming out from Putin anyway.
Thank you! I've wondered if it was just me, and that there was something believable about him I was missing. To me, his manner is very 'I know I'm doing this thing, and you know I'm lying about it, but what are -you- going to do about it.'

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Navalny gave his supposed killers a phone call Monday last week, pretending to be an assistant to an advisor of Putin. Not all fell for his phone phishing attempt, but one then according to Navalny described how he should have been poisoned, taking the bait.

So being who he is, he published the phone call. The upload is less than one hour old, I think English sub titles will follow shortly.

Question is: how plausible is that scenario? It's sounds a little bit too far fetched to be entirely true.

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Govi

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
More on Navalny and the blabbing FSB officer.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Sidebar details of the poisoning.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
By the way the FSB (the famous agency formerly known as KGB) calls this phone call a fake, as to be expected.

• 1ROFL
Reactions: Govi

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Moscow is being famous for snow, and its city council for not giving a damn about snow on the streets. It just let's the snow be where it is and does not remove it, which frustrates the residents quite much.

But now they have found an innovative solution to motivate the council to remove the snow: just spray Navalny's name on it, and it will get removed quickly!

Govi

feral ballerina
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Moscow is being famous for snow, and its city council for not giving a damn about snow on the streets. It just let's the snow be where it is and does not remove it, which frustrates the residents quite much.

But now they have found an innovative solution to motivate the council to remove the snow: just spray Navalny's name on it, and it will get removed quickly!

News story is datelined 2018.

• 1Minion
Reactions: Khamon