My Brief Adventure with a Lelutka Head

Kathryn Elisabeth

[1/2 Baked Cookie!]
Makeup!
Within the Unpack - ADDONS - lel EvoX BOM box is an Unpack - MAKEUP - lel EvoX BOM (f). Is LOADS of 'Layer' Makeup. Tattoo Layer / Bakes on Mesh Layers.

Yes to start, just clear the HUD based 'Applier' Layer makeup. So can see how the System layer makeup will look.

Just visualize the Head as a Base head that is BoM. Then is some shells for eyelids, eyebrows, eyelashes, and lips. BoM layers paint the Base Head, and HUD appliers paint the shells. Is actually very useful trick, since BoM does NOT do Normal and Specular Maps (Light absorption and Reflection)

Next... Go back and look at the HUD makeup options.
Take note of the Blend Slider on the HUD. This adjusts the specific HUD applier makeup shell thing's transparency.
Since some of the preinstalled HUD applier makeups can be 'Rather BOLD' Colors. Can Mix the BOM makeup with a part transparent HUD makeup shell. Is not just a color mix and match thing. Is also this. Allows the use of the Specular maps in the HUD based applier shell layers. So you can get a little glossy / shiny / frosted look thing.

Finally.. can look at how to use the / HUD / STYLE lel EvoX (add) to save applier based makeup combos.
Note - I am too lazy for that part. I just have HUD makeups looking right and then change the BOM layer makeup.

Also the Blend Transparency thing, that is how to get eyebrows to behave as well. Head skin with eyebrow (BoM) and then adjust the HUD layer eyebrows blend to negate no mod alpha blended bangs on your hair.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Nice of you trying to explain, but when I see this kind of lengthy "manuals" I'm only more convinced to just stick with my system head.
2022 in an Internet 'game' changing the look of your head. :rolleyes:
Yeah, and than we wonder why SL isn't relevant anymore.
In VRChat you need to buy the source files and edit it in Blender.

• 1ROFL
Reactions: Kalel

Sid

A Dutch cookie.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
When the decisions regarding 'How to play Avatar Dress Up' are made by people that last changed Saved Appearance in 2017, Well.... Duh.
Not everybody is in SL for the Ken and Barbie dress up extravaganza.
But never the less some of them would want to be a bit more up to par with what is possible now a days in games and other platforms.

LL gave control away over their avatar system and this is the result.
Either you have to study and do a lot of trail and error or one has to give up. So here I am, mesh body and no mesh head, because connecting them properly goes above my head somehow.

Last edited:
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Sid

A Dutch cookie.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
In VRChat you need to buy the source files and edit it in Blender.
So?
What's your point?

Avatars should be the easy part of a social platform IMHO.
LL failed big time in the avatar development. And from what you bring up VRChat as well.
Now how on earth is it possible that retention rates are so incredibly low. :unsure:

Maitimo

mostly 'armless
SL Rez
So... I did go shoping for demos, I tried literally all of them, and I did actually find one that I think I like - Inez. I haven't bought it yet, but I plan to do so.

So my next project will be to attempt to convert my skin (which I made myself) to EVO-X. I mean, yes I know I can use it in EVO mode, but then I'll be just as limited with cosmetics and other add-ons as I am now with Catwa, so there's no point just doing that.

Puretone

Still Pancakes alt (Roxy Couturier)
Joined SLU
Feb 2011
SLU Posts
I'm late to the party (thanks Ian!), but I've been a Lelutka girl for quite a while now and I'm a fan.

First, a couple of pointers..

Any applier makeup labeled Evo or EvoX works interchangeably. That is, you can use Evo makeup appliers in EvoX mode and vice versa.

If you buy a Leleutka Omega relay, you can use it on the included mesh eyes and will be able to use omega eyes as well as ones that have a Lelutka applier hud. (TBH, I haven't figured out how to use system eyes as BoM on the mesh ones, but with the sheer amount of eyes out there, you'll find something you like with either an Omega or a Lelutka applier.) You won't be able to use Omega for anything else, like lipstick or eyeshadow or Omega applier skins. But it is useful if you have a large eye collection.

As far as shapes go, there are a pretty large number of freebies and cheapies for whichever head you wind up getting. Copy down your current body shapes numbers and simply alter the head shape to your preferred body shape.

For the last two Decembers, Lelutka has given out a free head, first Lilly and then Kaya. These were full versions of the heads and if they update, you can get a redelivery for the updated version. (There were male heads given out as well. But I can't recall the names off the top of my head.) Last year, they partnered with other stores for a mini hunt/gift event with male and female EvoX skins, shapes and whatnot. If they do the same this Christmas, then it's an easy way to upgrade.

Skins. It can be difficult at first to tell the difference between a SLUV and EvoX skin, though stores are getting better at labeling product. EvoX skins will include an ear tattoo layer. Ears are a separate texture in EvoX skins. Your older, SLUV skins will work as BoM in Evo mode.

I have two folders now for makeup and skins. Evo/SLUV and EvoX. I can still use my old skins and makeup with a flip of the switch.

Why Lelutka?

I've tried Catwa and Genus (and Altamura), but settled on Lelutka for two reasons. First, the Hud is a lot easier to use. Second is the built in expressions. Lelutka comes with built in animations that you can customize to your personality. Far more than Catwa and certainly more than Genus. The other head makers may have caught up? I'm not sure? For me it's too late. Lelutka was the first to include the bells and whistles I wanted.

• 1Love
Reactions: Kalel

Madi Perth

SL Rez
Pretty much how this post looks to me:

ETA: This is in no way a reflection on K's communication abilities. It is a reflection of my apparently relentless descent into "These kids and their MyFace!"
'ej yIntaHvIS chutmey je qechmey je 'ach qorDu'ghot yIqel yIntaHvIS ramchoH sepDaj
yIntaHvIS. 'ach pay' ghe''or joH lupabchugh je, vaj teSDaj san, 'ach veQ joH je, *tlhaw'DIyo* je, qo'vaD je,
qontaHvIS joH je, *tlhaw'DIyo* je joH je, *tlhaw'DIyo* je, qo'vam je, qo'vam je, qonta'bogh pay' je,
qo'vam je, qo'vaD je, qonta'bogh qamDu'DajDaq pum quvHa'ghach teptu'bogh motlhmo' teptum.
Reads better in the original Klingon ....