cable MSNBC

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
In case there are other MSNBC junkies out there.

Who are your favorite hosts and guests?

I am a huge Rachel fan. Also Ari.

Steve Schmidt and Michelle Goldberg, two of my favorites, were so good on All In tonight!

Thank God for the free press.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I admit watching Steve Schmidt vomiting all over his former party members is one of my guilty pleasures.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Pamela

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Steve may not be the only one venting outrage, but nobody does it better.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Free

Eunoli

SLU Cassandra
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Rachel is the best, even when she goes down long, winding and seemingly pointless roads that end in an "ahha!" moment. I kind of think those are some of her best.

Steve Kornaki and his numbers never fail to draw me in, which is weird considering how little I like statistics - but I can listen to him go on for hours. I'm also a Chuck Todd fan. But, no one does analysis of the news quite like Rachel does. Her sincerity and empathy is always present and she does her best to maintain civility and professionalism at a time when many others in her field seem hysterical half the time (not that I blame them). When I saw her struggle to contain her emotions during the child separation crisis (or should I say the "first" child separation crisis?) my heart broke a little more than it already was. Her steady, upbeat attitude at the worst of times makes those rare moments all the more poignant and reminds us that while she exudes professionalism, she's still human, like us.

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I feel like I can’t miss Rachel’s class, or I will miss something vital to understanding what is going on. She zeros in on things and gives them context. If not for her I would be pretty confused.

Steve K. Has evidently memorized the voting history of every county in the nation.

• 1Like
Reactions: EmpressOfCommunism

Lori Claremont

We watch the full evening quad. All In with Chris Hayes, followed by Rachel, then The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell, finishing up with The 11th Hour with Brian Williams.

Rachel is obviously the top of the four, but don't knock Lawrence. As we get closer to the mid-terms, we simply can't not watch all four every evening.

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Lawrence took some getting used to, but I appreciate how he drills down on things, how he expresses his incredulity at every insane new development.

I start recording with Ari, so I can ff thru whatever is repetitive, plus most of Chris Matthews.

Last edited:

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
In case there are other MSNBC junkies out there.

Who are your favorite hosts and guests?

I am a huge Rachel fan. Also Ari.

Steve Schmidt and Michelle Goldberg, two of my favorites, were so good on All In tonight!

Thank God for the free press.
You mean there are people that watch MSNBC here? :)

Seriously though, out of current hosts, Rachel tops the list for me and I record her nightly. Second is Lawrence, who I also record. I consider it a real let-down when either of them is out for the day and someone else, anyone else, covers for them.

Pretty much any other host will do though if I just need a news fix.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Pamela

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Steve Schmidt is brilliant today. I think he is consistently the best contributor.

Nicole Wallace’s whole show was amazing today.

Last edited: