Motorsports in SL

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
Tried D2 once - I remember making a mental "for the bin" note. I saw where it tried emulating a RL car but just miserably failed at it... Maybe it gets better when you completly change the settings of your vehicle but I did not even bother that as there is no help and no instructions around to get started with it. To me D2 racing is just another one of those incestous SL communities that try hard to keep any fresh blood away.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I was apart of the Motorcycle racing association in my early SL life.... it took a while use to the physics engine and constantly practicing day after day but it was fun to pass the time with while i was in college. made a few friends and got few awards. I eventually moved on to SL military life.

old article of me still exist:

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Nodoka Hanamura

SL Rez
Joined SLU
N/A
SLU Posts
Tried D2 once - I remember making a mental "for the bin" note. I saw where it tried emulating a RL car but just miserably failed at it... Maybe it gets better when you completly change the settings of your vehicle but I did not even bother that as there is no help and no instructions around to get started with it. To me D2 racing is just another one of those incestous SL communities that try hard to keep any fresh blood away.
I can understand that, given the community is quite small and small communities tend to have this clique vibe about them, but there are friendly people in the D2 Scene. As for performance, D2 was more or less designed with drifting and tuner scene stuff in mind, so obviously there'll be some handling issues for newcomers. What I recommend anyone who is new to D2 do is control your revving to maintain good handling. If you overrev you'll tend to have less grip. Weird, I know, but that's how Eight Blinker made it.

Val

n00b!1
Joined SLU
03/07/2017
SLU Posts
For some reason Reddit does not load that thread and google told me D2 are cars. I presume you operate them in similar manner one does with those realistic boats? I would not race in any of those as
... it is SL and I would surely lag myself under a sim. I do know motorbikes are quite popular but no idea if anyone races those.