SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts

Dillon Levenque

Cautiously creeping...
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
I just read a blip on that story about an hour ago. Not a lot of details but from what I read it seems to me that is going to be a really ugly and depressing story.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 19, 2018
Gulf Coast, USA
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Much more information has been given at a press conference today by police.

Jayme appeared bedraggled and thin Thursday afternoon after escaping her captor and seeking help from neighbors in a remote area several miles from Gordon, Wis.

Everyone from law enforcement and others who spoke during a news conference late Friday morning in Barron praised the teen for surviving, escaping and providing the key piece of information that led to the arrest of the man believed responsible for fatally shooting her parents and keeping her captive and undetected for weeks.

“We needed a break in this case,” said Justin Tolomeo, special agent in charge of the FBI’s Milwaukee Division. “It was Jayme herself who gave us that break.”

Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said Patterson acted alone, targeted Jayme specifically and was in his jail Friday. A criminal complaint charging Patterson with two counts of homicide and one count of kidnapping is expected to be filed next week, the District Attorney’s Office said at the Friday news briefing.

“It’s amazing, the will of that 13-year-old girl to survive and escape,” Fitzgerald said.

District Attorney Brian Wright said he does not believe Patterson, said to be unemployed, had any prior contact with the Closs family.

“I can tell you the suspect planned his actions and took many proactive steps to hide his identity from law enforcement and the general public,” Wright said.

Fitzgerald said Jayme has been cleared from the hospital and is in the midst of undergoing mental and physical evaluations, questioning by the FBI and detectives, and finally, a reunion with family. They hope to have her back in Barron County by Friday morning or afternoon.

Fitzgerald said Patterson has no criminal history in Wisconsin or the Gordon area and “was not on our radar.” Patterson does have ties to Barron, Fitzgerald said, but did not say what those ties were.

The sheriff said authorities would have more to disclose late Friday afternoon.

Residents of an area of woods and cabins near Gordon described the dramatic moment when Jayme was found.

Kristin Kasinskas, who lives on S. Eau Claire Acres Circle with her husband, Peter, and children, said that around 4 p.m., a neighbor walking a dog frantically knocked on their door. Standing with her was a skinny, dirty girl with matted hair, wearing shoes too big for her feet.

“This is Jayme Closs! Call 911!” the neighbor said.

Jayme was quiet, her emotions “pretty flat,” Peter Kasinskas said.

The woman who found Jayme, asking not to be identified, said in a phone interview late Thursday that Jayme “came up to me and said she wanted help.”

In the 20 minutes Jayme was in the Kasinskas home, the couple offered her water and food. She declined both but did say she didn’t know where she was or anything about Gordon. From what she told them, they believe she was there for most of her disappearance.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
There will be another police briefing at 4 central time. Monitor any upper midwest news channel for more; it's very much of a regional story.

Cristiano

I AM BABY GROOT
Admin
Sep 19, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
There will be another police briefing at 4 central time. Monitor any upper midwest news channel for more; it's very much of a regional story.
It's getting national attention:

1547243300000.png

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
More from the briefing, I almost certainly forgot a few parts; www.mpr.org should have details I missed (mpr is my local public radio station, Wisconsin media sources would probably have other information but mpr is very good and has regional coverage & stations outside of Minnesota).
Gun found at suspect's home matching that used at Closs house; probably too early yet for ballistics results.
21 year old man, unemployed for 3 years, lives in own home (remember these are small, rural towns).
Worked at the same turkey plant as the Closs husband but was only there for two days; they did not know each other, including Jayme.
Suspect reports he had occasional business in Closs's city.
Stalked and planned kidnapping.
Suspect was not home when she escaped.
Her description of the vehicle allowed police to stop and arrest him.
After escaping, she at first found a woman walking her dog; they then went to another home nearby where the owner called 911. Both recognized her immediately; the area had been blitzed with posters and media stories.
No details yet on her escape.
Jayme did not accept any food or water while waiting for the police.
Jayme was not dressed for the weather and was rather dirty.
No one else is suspected in the crime.
Suspect will be charged Monday.

Last edited:

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Minnesnowta
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Wow, smart girl to have found a way to get away from him. When I first read about this story when it happened and she didn't show up for awhile, I figured it had to be some creep that targeted her specifically for taking. I figured he either killed her immediately (like Jacob Wetterling's killer) or was holding her somewhere doing all sorts of evil deeds.

What an evil, evil man; killing her parents to get at her.

This case is very disturbing. IIRC there was a similar one years ago where a dude killed the mother/father of a family, took the two kids, a boy and girl, killed the boy and eventually the girl was spotted on camera or something like that and rescued.

In any event, my heart goes out to this girl. I cannot imagine what she has and is going through. I hope that extended family members, the community and professionals come together to give this girl all of the love and assistance that she may be needing as time passes.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 19, 2018
Gulf Coast, USA
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
This case is very disturbing. IIRC there was a similar one years ago where a dude killed the mother/father of a family, took the two kids, a boy and girl, killed the boy and eventually the girl was spotted on camera or something like that and rescued.
Spotted by a customer at a diner, I think.

That was one of the most horrific stories I've ever read about. After killing the boy, he forced the girl to watch while he burned her brother's body in a fire, and then made her dispose of the ashes.

Kaimi Kyomoon

Persistent Participant
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Oct 12, 2018
San Diego, California
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Just to chip in, I've read that law enforcement and communities are less interested when black children go missing... I hope that's not true but I fear it is.