Militia plot to kidnap Michigan Governor and overthrow government 'thwarted'

Jopsy Pendragon

If you can't dazzle'm with dexterity...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I don't get it, are the photos supposed to suggest economic hardship or poverty?

I see satellite dishes, beer coolers, two pick-up trucks full of stuff, new flags, a home in relatively good repair other than the window/door which were likely damaged during a law enforcement raid and aren't yet repaired.

The dumpster looks like a recent rental, whether that's something the owner contracted or law enforcement I dunno.

I'm not seeing any tell-tale signs that this guy was financially desperate from the photos.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I'm not seeing any tell-tale signs that this guy was financially desperate from the photos.
He lived in a dumpy house and wasn't making well over 6 figures a year. That's extreme poverty to a lot of white people.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Not to mention that it should be OUR Justice Department, since he works for -us- as does the rest of the government. Its just so much of our government have forgotten that. [And apparently so have a lot of us o_O]

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I don't get it, are the photos supposed to suggest economic hardship or poverty?

I see satellite dishes, beer coolers, two pick-up trucks full of stuff, new flags, a home in relatively good repair other than the window/door which were likely damaged during a law enforcement raid and aren't yet repaired.

The dumpster looks like a recent rental, whether that's something the owner contracted or law enforcement I dunno.

Arsenals of handguns and rifles don't come cheap, either.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Hours after news broke about a militia plot to kidnap and kill Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey (R-Clarklake) and State House Speaker Lee Chatfield (R-Levering) took to the Capitol steps during a right-wing anti-Whitmer rally Thursday.

“This is no time to be weak in our commitment to freedom,” Shirkey said to the crowd. “We need to be strong…and not be afraid of those who are taking our freedoms away from us.”
If the plot had involved kidnapping and killing Trump, I wonder how the Republicans would feel about anti-Trump rallies being held on the same day it was announced in the press. Hmm...

Shirkey said that the people who attended Thursday’s rally are not the same people who were involved in the plot to kill the governor.

However, the FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) found that six of the plotters met during a rally at the state Capitol in June. And when armed protesters stormed the Capitol building on April 30, Shirkey met with a small group of them and did not allow for media presence.
Not at all the same people. Just different people with similar goals.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010

In addition, is that a Confederate battle flag I see? Mmm...hmm. Pickup trucks such as those are not cheap, either. I certainly couldn't afford one let alone multiples and you don't see me plotting terroristic acts.

The rush is on to exonerate them and/or find a way blame Whitmer for their acts. I would bet it's going to take the road of, "Mean, mean Whitmer made his economic life hell when she enforced a shutdown." besides the usual "When a brown person commits terrorristic acts it is terrorism, when a white man does, he has his reasons."

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Thread:

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
This is another "What's wrong with law "enforcement"" moment:

Sheriff Dar Leaf of Barry County, Michigan downplayed an alleged far-right scheme to kidnap and “try” Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) for “treason” during an astonishing interview on Friday.

Leaf was seen sharing the stage with William Null, one of the 13 men who have been charged by the feds over the alleged terrorist plot, during a protest against Whitmer’s stay-at-home order in May. Asked by local media outlet FOX 17 if he has any regrets about rubbing shoulders with Null earlier this year, the sheriff said the alleged conspiracy was “just a charge.”
But then his pea brain shoots off a neuron, and:
Then he tried to suggest the whole thing might’ve merely been an attempt by the defendants to do their civic duty.

“Are they trying to kidnap? ‘Cause a lot of people are angry with the governor and they want her arrested,” Leaf said. “So are they trying to arrest, or was it a kidnap attempt?”

“Because you can still, in Michigan if it’s a felony, you can make a felony arrest,” the sheriff continued, citing a Michigan law on citizens’ arrests.