Cristalle

Lady of the House
Sep 24, 2018
Flori-duh
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
Strawberry is conducting a survey of the most used mesh bodies and heads. It is for both male and female human avatars.

Berry’s 2018 Mesh Body Parts Survey

Note that there are checkboxes so that you can submit more than one answer per vote. I voted for the bodies and heads I own and enjoy the most.

As expected, the results so far are dominated by Maitreya for women's bodies, clocking in above 40%. It's only slightly more competitive for the men's bodies, between Signature and Belleza with Signature in the lead.

Heads are more competitive for the women with Catwa and Lelutka taking up half the market, followed by LAQ and Genus, but Catwa is eating everyone's lunch when it comes to the men's heads, taking up almost 50% of the market by itself.

But the sample size is small, so let's see what the real numbers are. Please only vote once.

Fauve Aeon

🌽🐍Mostly Jellicle...🐍🌽
Oct 29, 2018
SL, Kitely, IMVU
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Not sure of date/postcount
I should start blogging again, my comment was long. :p

Nov 7, 2018
SL must be so hard for newbies these days with all the mesh parts and the attendant HUDs. And expensive to get started.
Yes, I think it's led to fewer newbies being on the grid and invested in the game. It can cost around $8-10K in Lindens to have a decent mesh avatar. That doesn't include shoes, hair, and a rental. Easier to just wear the system mesh body for a while, and give up from boredom/exhaustion.

Last edited:

Fauve Aeon

🌽🐍Mostly Jellicle...🐍🌽
Oct 29, 2018
SL, Kitely, IMVU
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Not sure of date/postcount
I think a lot of people who come in via a friend already know somewhat but...at least in some places...much of the Steamlands, Faery Crossing, Frank’s, at Burn2 events, for instance...it’s still perfectly fine to wear a classic avatar, flexi hair, prim fur, sculpt stuffs etc.
More people into full mesh are the ones that usually blog and vlog so you see more of it there and in many ‘fashionable’ places, (and at events whose entire goal is to sell you the newest stuff) sure!
But it’s not quite as ubiquitous as you might think.
Neither is disdain for templates, applier or system layers, flexi skirts for dancing, etc.
I go many places, edit many people, and I see a big mix of things still.

Sep 23, 2018
Joined SLU
10 Sep 2007
SLU Posts
Those Genus heads will catch up to the competition this time next year I reckon. There just seems to be a heap of creators releasing appliers for it as of late.