how-to Mentioning A User

Cristiano

Full Frontal Nerdity
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
The forums support Facebook/Twitter style @ mentions for users. To use the @ mention, type @ followed by a user name. If it finds a match, it will pop as you are typing. When you create the post, the mention will become a link without the @ in front of it. The user will receive a notification that you mentioned them that links to the post you mentioned them in.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Wow. That is powerful. I think we should only use it within reason. I foresee a whole lot of links with Sal. Not sure she would approve.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Myficals

Nein!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
Wow. That is powerful. I think we should only use it within reason. I foresee a whole lot of links with Sal. Not sure she would approve.
Is Sal even registered here yet?

Cristiano

Full Frontal Nerdity
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
I am not sure what you mean.

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
We're all Discordish up in here!

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Ah..I totally misunderstood the nature of it. This means that you (the poster) can link to your own Twitter/FB/whatever post, NOT someone else's? I misunderstood it to mean you could do it with random people.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. Carry on.

Cristiano

Full Frontal Nerdity
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Ah..I totally misunderstood the nature of it. This means that you (the poster) can link to your own Twitter/FB/whatever post, NOT someone else's? I misunderstood it to mean you could do it with random people.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. Carry on.
Jolene Benoir I said Facebook/Twitter style @ mentioning (it has nothing to do with FB/Twitter other than how it behaves). When you type @ followed by a user name of someone here, it notifies the person that you mentioned them in your post, that's all. You can see on this post I mentioned you, and you would have gotten a notification about it.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Jolene Benoir