WTF Mask rage

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
More like the last four years have been "something special". People who may have been inclined to be militant or racist before are now flat ass out there because of Trump. He encourages it because it feeds his ego, it doesn't matter to him who gets hurt in the process.
:qft:

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Ryanna Enfield

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
The frustrating thing is maggots act like they are safe if 1 inch over 6 feet. The exact distance depends on a lot of variables, it is just saying 6 feet or 2 metres is an answer that is a good rule of thumb.
One meter is basically enough, when you don't shout, sing, sneeze or cough, the rest is already an extra safety buffer.
If you actually do those things, 1.5 or 2 meters is not enough.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
One meter is basically enough, when you don't shout, sing, sneeze or cough, the rest is already an extra safety buffer.
If you actually do those things, 1.5 or 2 meters is not enough.
Right, but they seem to think nobody can complain if they are hacking up a lung but 6 feet away.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Kathryn Elisabeth

[1/2 Baked Cookie!]
Billy's Mom: "Billy when we get to your grandparent's house, give them a big hug"
Billy: "I don't wanna! They smell like pee."
Billy's Mom: "If you hug them, and cough too. I can afford to get you an Xbox for Christmas."
Billy: "An Xbox! YAY!"

So the question is who is more disappointed?
Billy when he learns that his Mom is not gonna buy him an Xbox?
Billy's Mom when she learns about Reverse Mortgages?

Sredni Eel

In Space, no one can hear you Cha Cha Cha!
While poking around The Silph Road Reddit reading about goings on for Pokemon Go (yes, people still play it), I ran across a mask rage thread. A mask rage thread. In Pokemon Go's Reddit. Why the mask rage?

It turns out that you can get a mask for your avatar in the game. It's a cute idea. My avatar has a nice black face mask. However, people are all pissed off about the mask, saying Niantic is only doing this to be political and anti-Trump.

I mentioned in the thread that I wear a mask everywhere I go, though I've avoided shops and restaurants since July for reasons, and that I got the mask for my avatar, because why not? One Reddit user responded with, "So how's it like being in prison?"

So there you have it, folks. If you wear a mask, you're in prison.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
While poking around The Silph Road Reddit reading about goings on for Pokemon Go (yes, people still play it), I ran across a mask rage thread. A mask rage thread. In Pokemon Go's Reddit. Why the mask rage?

It turns out that you can get a mask for your avatar in the game. It's a cute idea. My avatar has a nice black face mask. However, people are all pissed off about the mask, saying Niantic is only doing this to be political and anti-Trump.

I mentioned in the thread that I wear a mask everywhere I go, though I've avoided shops and restaurants since July for reasons, and that I got the mask for my avatar, because why not? One Reddit user responded with, "So how's it like being in prison?"

Obviously not at you, but not sure if I feel more lolwut or just eyeroll. Thing is, when we went up to see my mom this past weekend because I'm not sure who is more careful, us or her so why not.... most every place people wore masks - except for a gaggle of either older teens or younger 20s 'popular' girls at a rest area, and anyone at the country gas station near my mom's. Even without ordinances, Kroger's had a you must wear a mask, and Love's has one thats a you must wear one 10 years old and up, unless a local ordinance extends the lower age down.

I can get it not wanting to wear a mask. I've the fun issue of, if I start having a panic attack, I want to rip it off, but just the thought of not wearing one makes me have one too, so its like.... I just avoid going out.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts

I would have countered with, "I don't know. What's it like being a brainless moron?"

• 1LOL
Reactions: Jolene Benoir

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts

I bet he drove away in his unregistered car without a driver's license, too.
Ugh, epping, an area that is pretty red. I am from a rural area in another part of the state and it seems to have a maggot infestation now as well.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010

I bet he drove away in his unregistered car without a driver's license, too.
Oddly enough, they have a much better chance of "living free" since they decided to shut down, emphasis on the live part.

It sounds like they are exactly the type who would never, ever demand that someone wear a mask, so there's your "die" part.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Obviously not at you, but not sure if I feel more lolwut or just eyeroll. Thing is, when we went up to see my mom this past weekend because I'm not sure who is more careful, us or her so why not.... most every place people wore masks - except for a gaggle of either older teens or younger 20s 'popular' girls at a rest area, and anyone at the country gas station near my mom's. Even without ordinances, Kroger's had a you must wear a mask, and Love's has one thats a you must wear one 10 years old and up, unless a local ordinance extends the lower age down.

I can get it not wanting to wear a mask. I've the fun issue of, if I start having a panic attack, I want to rip it off, but just the thought of not wearing one makes me have one too, so its like.... I just avoid going out.
I have issues with masks, as well, mostly because of my glasses fogging up. I've tried everything I know..pinching it together at the top of the nose, making sure that it's slightly below the glasses, but nothing seems to help, especially now that we have colder weather coming. Not only are the glasses fogging up, but freezing up with little ice crystals on the lens.

I wonder if that stuff, can't remember the name of it, that you spread on glasses to prevent fogging might help? Some kind of wax maybe? I dunno... I've only had glasses for a few years, I don't know all the ins and outs.

But you bet your damn sweet bippy I'm going to wear it. Death isn't preferable to some discomfort last time I checked, a horrible death at that.

I sympathize with the panic attack issue. Not quite sure how to avoid that.

Arkady Arkright

I have issues with masks, as well, mostly because of my glasses fogging up. I've tried everything I know..pinching it together at the top of the nose, making sure that it's slightly below the glasses, but nothing seems to help, especially now that we have colder weather coming. Not only are the glasses fogging up, but freezing up with little ice crystals on the lens.
Go to your local motorcycle shop and get some of the spray riders use on the inside of goggles and visors - I don't know what they call it over there, but here in the UK it's "Visor Antifog" (or at least it used to be, it's a long time since I rode my Bonneville...)