WTF Mask rage

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
I'm not surprised at the lack of sympathy and accomodation shown by a bank to this guy, but I am surprised by the same lack of sympathy and accomodation on this forum.
Put the broad brush away, there, Picasso.

And Jopsy did explain what he meant. His phrasing was a bit clumsy at first. But he mostly clarified. So not only are you generalizing an entire community, you also seem to be a bit deliberately obtuse at this point.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Put the broad brush away, there, Picasso.

And Jopsy did explain what he meant. His phrasing was a bit clumsy at first. But he mostly clarified. So not only are you generalizing an entire community, you also seem to be a bit deliberately obtuse at this point.
Yes, it is also against how people are taught to write. Your strongest argument should come first, certainly not as an afterthought.

Jopsy Pendragon

Magic thrives within Intentionality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I'm not surprised at the lack of sympathy and accomodation shown by a bank to this guy, but I am surprised by the same lack of sympathy and accomodation on this forum.
Good thing neither the reporter nor the vet requires either from me.

Honestly, if I were that vet, I'd be mad at the reporter for making it sound like his excuse might have been bullshit. Presuming it wasn't.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Considering some of the things you've posted... the reactions you got were mild.

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Tacking in a different direction...

After years of FOX et al peddling FUD over Sharia law trying to get a foothold in local US government, I suppose it makes sense that right-wingers would collectively lose their minds over being required to wear something that seems like part of a Niqāb.

Shame that the irony of being harmed by their own bigotry will be completely lost on them.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU

People working retail always have had to put up with a lot of shit from John Q Public. I shudder to think how bad it's gotten for them since COVID. All I can say is even if you can't tip them at least smile and thank them, it might make their day better. People like the guy who walked in the door and shoved the man telling him he needed a mask should be fully prosecuted for assault. Seriously.

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Someone should find out what church he goes to and have topless men and women his age mimic his abhorrent behavior during service. ;) ;)

If we can't refuse you service for not wearing a mask, you'd can't refuse us for not wearing tops. :p

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Have any of you witnessed something like this, even if it’s just yelling, where you shop?

So far, I haven’t seen anything close to this. Apart from (local/province) Social Media idiots who poopoo masks, everyone just queues up, nearing masks, and is polite.

This is so disgusting.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Archer

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Have any of you witnessed something like this, even if it’s just yelling, where you shop?

So far, I haven’t seen anything close to this. Apart from (local/province) Social Media idiots who poopoo masks, everyone just queues up, nearing masks, and is polite.

This is so disgusting.
I haven't yet seen it while shopping, although I still keep my shopping trips to a barre minimum.
Some of the neighbors have gotten a bit last with mask wearing but not belligerent.
I asked one why, and he said, "oh that COVID thing is over." I'd like to think he was right, but I'm still not going to get in the elevator with him.

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Isabeau

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The solution here is a remote control for the doors, held by the greeter. No mask? click the button and the doors stay closed.
They'd just muscle their way into the exit door as someone came out.

If I ran a store these days I'd train my employees to respond to something like this with:

"You are permanently refused service at this establishment for assaulting an employee.​
Depart peacefully NOW or you will be charged with assault and trespassing.​
Or wait with us for the police to arrive. We won't hesitate to add attempted shoplifting and vandalism to the charges if you pick up or damage our property while we wait."​

• 1Agree
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
he said, "oh that COVID thing is over."
Pff. "Over". The first wave is still going strong.

A glance at WHO Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Dashboard shows that new confirmed cases in the U.S. range from 13k to 32k per day since April.

The average number of confirmed new cases per day needs to lose a decimal point (preferably 2) before I start acting like the first wave is "over."