Making a second person responsible for paying for land

Anya Ristow

I was born a choker
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
It's been a while, but if I recall I can add someone to a group that owns my land, give her a role that includes the ability to allocate tier to the group. Right?

Now what happens if I stop paying for it, my credit card expires, whatever. Does LL inform other people in that role or does the land just become unowned and eventually sold for $1/m or something?

Summer Haas

Scripted Agent
SL Rez
In my experience no one gets informed and nothing happens until astronomical conditions are just right. When such an event occurs, a Linden awakens in the dead of night and they wait for 3 wolves to howl at the moon. If the wolves please them, then they reclaim the land, if not then the cycle continues.

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
Yes, you can add people to the group that donate tier.

If you stop paying your portion, your tier donation will disappear when the next billing cycle occurs and the group will be deficient of tier. Nobody gets an email, though, but I think someone may get an inworld notification. I could be wrong about this too. I'm not really sure, but you are given some time to remedy the situation.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Anya Ristow

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
I'm guessing you're talking about owned land, and you're premium?
In that case, if your alt or friend is also premium, you can sell them your land for a nominal sum and that should be that., unless I'm missing something.
If you're renting, it should be just a matter of dropping a notecard to the landlord.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Anya Ristow

Anya Ristow

I was born a choker
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
I'm guessing you're talking about owned land, and you're premium?
In that case, if your alt or friend is also premium, you can sell them your land for a nominal sum and that should be that., unless I'm missing something.
If you're renting, it should be just a matter of dropping a notecard to the landlord.
Owned land, premium. Trying to plan for what will happen if I kick the bucket without burdening my sister with trivial SL stuff. There's someone who owns a lot of land around the Ivory Tower and she wants the ability to kick trouble makers from my land, and I'm wondering if I can also arrange that she take over the land if I unexpectedly stop paying for it.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Cristalle

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Owned land, premium. Trying to plan for what will happen if I kick the bucket without burdening my sister with trivial SL stuff. There's someone who owns a lot of land around the Ivory Tower and she wants the ability to kick trouble makers from my land, and I'm wondering if I can also arrange that she take over the land if I unexpectedly stop paying for it.
You might have to ask the Lindens, then. Maybe try chat support; worked for me recently.
I'm sorry you have to think about things like that. I hope you're not near to kicking the bucket!

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
I hope you're not in a position to need to think about this stuff right now.

Easiest way is to add that person to the group, even if they don't donate any tier and 2) have your sister send a message to that person if anything should occur. It would be wise to get a rl email from that person so that if anything happens, your sister can know to notify that person and then that person can act accordingly and donate the necessary tier instead of them having to wait weeks to find out by accident.

If you want to give them the ability to sell the land, you will have to assign them to the Owner's role or enable that ability for them in a special role. I assume you trust them enough to not screw you now, but that is always an issue.