Maitreya V 5.0

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
Now out. There is a delivery HUD in the Maitreya Lara Friends group that is free to join. That is where I got mine from.
Website has details etc Lara Mesh Body V5 Help

Update note I got is looooong but here is the contents:

It has been a while since our last mesh body update, but the long awaited Lara update is finally here!

We have heard your feedback and have implemented all of the requested features, as far as this was possible. There have also been requests that we simply could not favor, without breaking all existing content made for Lara up to this day.

This update will be everything that you wished for, within these limits! It is all about enhancements and new features and we promise that nothing to the mesh itself has changed in a way that it would break content you have invested so much in over the years!

Let's first talk about the additions to your Lara V5 (or visit the help pages we are creating for V5: Lara Mesh Body V5 Help)

* There are 2 new nipple shapes added to the mesh body: hard nipples and puffy nipples. On the HUD you will find a panel, similar to the feet panel, that allows you to choose the shape for your nipples.

* Speaking of the feet, we also added two new foot options that many of you requested: The low feet (for kitten heels) and the ballet feet. So there are now 5 foot shapes on the HUD panel to choose from. You are now also able to choose a different foot shape for each foot, which can sometimes be nice for photos.

* Another great addition is the optional HD nipples. They can be toggled on or off on the skin page of the HUD and there are 30 preset skin tones for them. The HD nipples have highly detailed, ultra realistic textures. The main reason we wanted to add these HD nipples, is to allow nipples to be tinted in the tone you prefer, independently from the skin tint, for any skin you wear. There are also 3 material presets on the HUD for the HD Nipples, that can be controlled with the new enhanced materials control sliders.

* There are 12 new (Glam Affair) skin tones added to the HUD, making a total of 22 skin presets. We have also added tattoo (system) layers for the 22 skin tones, to wear in BoM mode.

* There are 3 material preset buttons added to the HUD, for your skin (for most part made by the very talented Jadenart, from Lelutka). One of these material presets is the dripping water, to match the water preset on the new Lelutka evo line. The other two skin material presets are to give your body more realistic skin details and a nice glow. There are now 3 sliders to control the materials settings: Glossiness, intensity and environment. These controls allow you to make the skin details more subtle or stronger. The skin materials will also work in BoM mode!

* There is a Bakes on Mesh (BoM) button added to the new Lara HUD, next to your skin preset buttons.
For people who like to wear clothing (system) layers (not to be confused with the mesh body clothing layer) in BoM mode, we have created an add-on that will add to realism.

On the BoM add-on parts HUD you can toggle the following parts:
- Breasts: spans the cleavage area so that your clothing looks more natural, not painted on your skin
- Nipples: hides the nipples and replaces them with a smooth surface.
- Bellybutton: smooths the contour to hide the navel indentation.
- Pelvis: hides the detail of the genitals to make clothing look more real. (a.k.a. Removes Camel-toe). This section also spans the gap between the butt cheeks. (Removes perma-wedgie)
- Toe-Caps: create a partial sock over the toes to allow BoM socks to work normally.
(We have explained about BoM and the BoM add-on parts more thoroughly here: Bakes on Mesh (BoM))

The BoM add-on parts HUD is at this point a separate HUD. We have chosen this solution because we, at the time, were not sure how BoM would be received by you all, in particular using BoM for clothing (system layers). If it turns out that many of you do use BoM for this and would like to see the BoM add-on parts HUD added to the Lara HUD in the future, then please let us know.

* Layers are now separated from the body so you no longer need to wear a layer that you are not using!
* The most frequent request in the past years was to add the ability to wear a tattoo on just one arm, hand or foot. We have promised to add this for so long and we have finally managed to offer this option in the V5 update. We even went a little further and made it possible to apply to 17 different parts of a layer. This means that you can, in theory, apply 17 different tattoos to one layer, without alpha glitches.
Please visit our help page about the layer, to read all about layers and applying to layers in V5: Layers and Applying

* We have replaced the save slots from the HUD with a new, rename-able, Save Stick. We often heard that with each update, people had a lot of maintenance to do to their "saved outfit" folders. Even though the firestorm viewer has a very handy tool to replace links, if the saved data (skins, alpha) was saved to your HUD, then with each update this data was lost. With this new save stick all that belongs to the past.
A detailed "how to" for the save stick can be found here: Save Stick

Other features that were added to Lara V5:

- Alpha's
- Additional alpha cuts added to wrists
- Additional alpha cuts added to ankles

- Advanced Functions button added to the Layers and the Skin tabs with:
- Full Bright
- Glow
- Tinting options and a tint reset button
- Material control sliders

- A Misc tab added with:
- Redeliver button added
- TP to Store button added
- Delete Scripts redesigned
- Reset to Default button added
- Help/Info button added (Online User Manual)

- Dev Kits
- Ability to apply Materials without applying diffuse (applier kit)
- Applier kit to allow for 3rd party HD Nipple Textures
- Foot Shape Auto-Select option for shoe designers
- Alpha Auto-Hide has been re-designed for improved performance and can now
- be altered by end user even in No Mod items
- be deleted by end user even in No Mod items
- Optional parameters added to layers kit:
- Glossiness
- Environment
- Intensity
- Transparency
- Mask Mode
- Applying and removing of textures when applier gets attached/detached (RLV friendly)

- The Zaara texture (applier) lingerie is now also included as system layers for BoM

- Last but not least, Erratic has made a completely new (panties and bra) lingerie set, with beautiful lace textures and a multi-colors HUD for Lara, which is included in the Lara folder!

Kamilah Hauptmann

A bit of a wanker
SL Rez
That covers most of the things I'd like to see. Just needs to be moddable now. /bitchy

• 1Like
Reactions: Monica Dream

Free

Chapeau-ed Leader of the Free World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
On V5, is anyone else seeing a faint seam on the chest, above the left breast and close to the armpit? Sort of a single pixel transparency line. It appears only when I'm in pose mode (arms outstretched, etc).

• 1Agree
Reactions: Stora

Kamilah Hauptmann

A bit of a wanker
SL Rez
Imma wait for 5.1 in a few weeks I think. :)

Stora

SL Rez
On V5, is anyone else seeing a faint seam on the chest, above the left breast and close to the armpit? Sort of a single pixel transparency line. It appears only when I'm in pose mode (arms outstretched, etc).
Yes I see it and it follows the outline of the breasts alpha.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Free

Chin Rey

Lag fighter
SL Rez
- Advanced Functions button added to the Layers and the Skin tabs with:
- Full Bright
- Glow
Awww.
(For those who haven't seen this yet: (Full bright body)=(facelight+bling)*10

• 1LOL
Reactions: Free

Cristiano

Full Frontal Nerdity
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
This may also be helpful:

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Shiloh Lyric

Bea McMahon

Sister Jazz
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I've got mine, and plan to fool with it later in the week. Since they already did one glitch fix, I am glad I waited. Also happy to have the delivery HUD that were sent out in both their store and their chat groups - I've not had to go anywhere near the store.

Tirellia

Cold and Wet
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I haven't played much with the update yet. It was nice to have a one piece body with no more separate hands and feet. I had been hoping for a few more alpha cuts on the torso especially round the boobs, maybe we'll get those next time. Updating was painless.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I might have to get it on my store alt [the only one with it], if nothing else, to take a peek.

Milly

I've played around with it a little . The BOM add ons are nice because the applier clothes don't end up looking painted on. And doing BOM is easy. i haven't tried to use the save stick..but that looks nice. There really wasn't anything earth shattering about this but I wasn't expecting that

• 1Like
Reactions: Caliandris

Caliandris

SL Rez
Joined SLU
2006?
I've played around with it a little . The BOM add ons are nice because the applier clothes don't end up looking painted on. And doing BOM is easy. i haven't tried to use the save stick..but that looks nice. There really wasn't anything earth shattering about this but I wasn't expecting that
Easy...maybe I'm making it more complicated than need be, but I am failing with it, and I usually wear applier trousers etc under mesh clothing, so I'm getting quite frustrated. I need an idiot's guide with a proper step-by-step - is there one?

Edited to add: I'm a fool. Just realised I wasn't wearing the right layers for the applier. Doh! Fixed now.

Last edited:

Kimba

I am disappointed that the advanced nipple stuff does not work with other maker's skin-tone appliers. It seems you either have to try to use the maitreya hud to match your facial-skin tone, instead of using the skin-applier made by the maker of your face - or have disappointing nipples.

Free

Chapeau-ed Leader of the Free World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
or have disappointing nipples.
I try never to disappoint my nipples, because my nipples have never disappointed me.

• 1Like
Reactions: sldenizen