Low-income renters at risk as shutdown wears on

Han Held

Joined SLU
September, 2010
SLU Posts
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/09/politics/low-income-renters-government-shutdown/index.html

Posting here because I and a lot of other SLU'ers will be affected by this.

On a personal note; "Lord willing and the creek don't rise" I won't lose my place. But starting in April I'll have zilch left after bills, rent and food. My RL best friend and I are talking over plans in the event that she loses her place, tho. And we will be among the lucky ones (for a short while, at least); most poor/disabled folks will be completely screwed if this goes on for very long..

Folks think cooler heads will eventually prevail; I don't.

RodeejahUrquan

Demon in the streets and sheets
Should we start a fund in case a SLU'er needs help with rent or food while this is going on? We've come together to help SLU'ers out in the past..... I'm not wealthy, but considering how much I have wasted in SL over the years - if I can't afford the odd $20 or so to help out a friend, I'd be a pretty sorry person.
I'd be down with this. Shit, let's call it the "Fuck Trump Fund", because this shit is all because this orange manbaby got baited by the people on TV. :/

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
A gofundme for government workers screwed by the shutdown, like the government was Walmart or something?

Cromulent. :(
It would not surprise me if there was one. Here in DC there are always places doing small things for furloughed workers.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Tigar

🐯 De Most Inappropriate Tigar 🐯
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
🌟not on file
SLU Posts
Kinda reminds me of when I was barely more’n a kitten n’ I was in teh hair farce n’ there was a shutdown. The other guys was all like “Well, if they aren’t going to pay me, I won’t go to work!”

Uhhhm dude, ya can go back ta work or ya can go ta jail. I fa one, kinda prefers work.

Last edited: