looking for simple mesh software to make mesh from graphics, like a frame with filigree elements

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I've run across this kind of software before. Suppose I have a simplle decorative swirl image or tatoo in black and white, or a simple vector icon, and I want to make a mesh that is maybe .05 meters high, totally flat like something like a lazer cut out of a thin sheet of wood, that I can color. I seem to remember an easy to use tool that does this - does anyone know what it is?

For an added challenge, suppose I want to also texture it - for example it's similar to the scrollwork on a dollar bill, with shading to give it dimensionality. I can take the flat mesh and texture it with the original texture to make it look "fancy".

It has to be simple and easy to use - I just don't have the patience to learn Blender or even Sketchup, just a ready-fire-aim program.

Summer Haas

Scripted Agent
SL Rez
You can do that in Photoshop. Its very easy to extrude vectors and save them out in Collada. I think it takes about 3 or 4 clicks and you are done. Not sure about any freeware through.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Soen Eber

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
No Photoshop, but let me see if there is a GIMP plugin. Thanks also for a new search term I can try.

Summer Haas

Scripted Agent
SL Rez
I was able to bring an svg into tinkercad and export out as an obj. It's as easy as it gets.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Soen Eber

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I am just commenting because at one point I wanted something like this and I want to remember this thread.