Linden Lab Expected to Launch Sansar on Steam Today

Sep 20, 2018
Linden Lab better have a SWAT team ready to handle and respond to negative reviews on Steam. Some of the thumbs-down reviews for High Fidelity are downright NASTY.
I think they have already responded to one negative review. Just a shame really the reviews have to get nasty.

Chin Rey

Lag fighter
Oct 28, 2018
Norway
SL Rez
Linden Lab better have a SWAT team ready to handle and respond to negative reviews on Steam. Some of the thumbs-down reviews for High Fidelity are downright NASTY.
Maybe, maybe not. What should worry LL right now, is this:

The day after the Steam launch, during what should be a fairly busy time of day: A total of 31 people at the experiences listed as most popular in the Atlas.

On the bright sides, there won't be many negative reviews if people don't even bother visiting...

Fauve Aeon

🌽🐍Mostly Jellicle...🐍🌽
Oct 29, 2018
SL, Kitely, IMVU
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Not sure of date/postcount
I thought they were being ultra-careful about not allowing copyright-infringing stuff in Sansar. If so, why am I seeing a Dalek and a Gameboy in their promo photo?

Cristiano

I AM BABY GROOT
Admin
Sep 19, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Maybe, maybe not. What should worry LL right now, is this:

The day after the Steam launch, during what should be a fairly busy time of day: A total of 31 people at the experiences listed as most popular in the Atlas.

On the bright sides, there won't be many negative reviews if people don't even bother visiting...
Well, it launched as Early Access, so the visiblity on Steam is reduced. Still, not great, but it's not readily visible unless you seek out the Early Access section.

Beebo Brink

Resident Grouch
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
But are they valid?

If people are lying about their experiences in a negative review, then that is a troll. But if they're relating a true event, just not framing it in a generous or tactful matter, well that's the whole point of review sections. You put your product out there and cross your fingers.

Sep 20, 2018
Somewhere Purple, Germany
Joined SLU
Dec 2007
SLU Posts
Keep this link handy (Best set it to 1w or 1m), and watch it for the next weeks; We'll see how Sansar's Steam usage develops. It's off to a 'strong' start.
'Strong' in the sense that it's the new VR thing on steam and of course thus beats out a couple of the others.

Oct 28, 2018
Norway
SL Rez
Keep this link handy (Best set it to 1w or 1m), and watch it for the next weeks;
Daily concurrency numbers according to that chart so far:
75 - 76 - 65 - 62 - 40 - 37 - 40 - 33
These are only logons through Steam of course. Only LL knows the total concurrency and they won't tell.

Reviews 80% positive the first day, dropping slowly but steadily to 64%