LGBT Exit Plan

Aeon Jiminy

I think we have plenty of things to be worried about right now, this isn't one of them. Being dedicated to any type of principle, spiritual belief, or purpose other than one's own personal enrichment and power, is a game for the little people. There's nothing specific about gay people that makes a difference in terms of profit & loss. I felt genuinely afraid of society during the AIDS epidemic. I don't feel anything like that now in terms of being gay.

I'm afraid of today's society in terms of growing old, being poor, or having no prospect of being exploitable for profit. This is where I don't feel the consensus is remotely grounded and very vulnerable to producing a moral horror show. The people who probably need to run...can't.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Anya Ristow

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez
Gays are not all of lgbt and some of them (like hrc) are all too willing to throw the rest of the rainbow under the bus if it is them or us.
I know... I was thinking of trans people too. I don't think an outright genocide is at all likely, though I readily agree that many civil rights are threatened.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
I'm afraid of today's society in terms of growing old, being poor, or having no prospect of being exploitable for profit. This is where I don't feel the consensus is remotely grounded and very vulnerable to producing a moral horror show. The people who probably need to run...can't.
The pandemic has shown how frail our capitalist system is. My bank and electric company are both member-owned cooperatives. I think people need to get together in other areas of life, where we rely more on each other than a faceless corporation that doesn't give a fuck.

• 1Like
Reactions: Aeon Jiminy

Anya Ristow

Bernie Bro
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
The pandemic has shown how frail our capitalist system is. My bank and electric company are both member-owned cooperatives. I think people need to get together in other areas of life, where we rely more on each other than a faceless corporation that doesn't give a fuck.
The pandemic is providing opportunity for those faceless corporations to consolidate their control. Amazon is doing swell, while most small businesses are mandated to stay closed. Think they'll survive? When the housing market craters and banks are allowed to foreclose on people, those faceless corporations are going to swoop up even more of the market and turn it into rentals.

We're fucked.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Aeon Jiminy