Lewiston Shootings

Myradyl Muse

Mermaid Myradyl Muse
SL Rez
And likely some will blame this all on mental illness, due to maybe history with this person and possible ?ptsd?. As we've noted many times before, persons suffering with a mental illness (and they are not all the same symptoms, behaviours or outcomes) are MOST likely to be VICTIMS, not perpetrators. There are many folks coping with mental illness in Canada, for example, but they are not all running amok shooting multiple people. It again always comes back to the proliferation and access to GUNS.

Cindy Claveau

Radical Left Degenerate
SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
I've been watching Lewiston since the news broke but in my defense it's ALL that MSNBC is showing right now. I understand that but they lost a little credibility for me when last night it was 22 dead, 60 wounded and today it's 18 dead and 13 wounded. I understand how the numbers could be mistaken, but I can never comprehend the grief that prevails whether it's 22 or 18 or 60.

The shooter was a firearms instructor for the National Guard and has a history of mental problems. Yet, he still got hold of an AR style rifle.

Free

When The Onion asks, I answer.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Heavy reviewed the page shortly before it was suspended by X. It shows that Card followed and/or liked posts by X’s CEO, Elon Musk, and Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban as well as a professor who studies terrorism and a number of prominent conservative politicians and pundits, including Donald Trump Jr. and Tucker Carlson. He also liked and shared posts by CNBC, as well as posts on finance.

In March, he liked a tweet by Trump that read, “Given the incredible rise of trans/non-binary mass shooters in the last few years… by far the largest group committing as a percentage of population… maybe, rather than talking about guns we should be talking about lunatics pushing their gender affirming bulls*** on our kids?”

Free

When The Onion asks, I answer.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The man wanted in the mass shooting at a bowling alley and bar that killed 18 people and wounded 13 was found dead Friday, bringing an end to a search that put the entire state of Maine on edge for the last two days.

Robert Card, who was wanted in connection with the shootings at Schemengees Bar and Grille and at Just-In-Time Recreation bowling alley in Lewiston, is believed to have died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, a law enforcement official tells The Associated Press.
The Androscoggin County Sheriff’s Office confirmed Card’s death in a Facebook post, saying the suspect in the shootings “has been located and is deceased.”

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Here is the press conference about the Maine shooter held on short notice. They had issues with the mic on the podium and some smaller video issues at the beginning.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Police tried to check on the Maine gunman over concerns he could ‘snap and commit a mass shooting’ | CNN
The Maine National Guard asked local police to check on the reservist who killed 18 people after a soldier became concerned he would “snap and commit a mass shooting,” according to information shared with CNN.

Officers from the Sagadahoc County and Kennebec County Sheriff’s Offices responded and tried to contact Robert Card on September 16, less than six weeks before Wednesday’s massacres in a bowling alley and a bar, documents say, according to a law enforcement source.

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
My husband said he read somewhere the shooter was targeting deaf people? WTF? WhY?
I'd wager it wasn't so much as targeting deaf people in particular but on that Wednesday there was a cornhole tournament for deaf athletes at Schemengees Bar and Grille, so there probably was more than normal amount of deaf people in attendance.

Also CNN appears to be really good at scrubbing their site as I recall reading shortly after the shooter's body had been found that they had been told by multiple sources that he died from two shots to the head, which is kind of tough to do by yourself.