LOL! Let's talk about TMP (the mesh project)

nebula

NOPE
SL Rez
Joined SLU
So I got the legacy body for 1 whole linden in their sim for the anniversary, and even for 1L$, the body has no omega support and almost no clothes or mods, at least for the furry community. Does anyone know anything about this that I do not? Is the new legacy mesh body actually worth the normal price? Any body that demands over 3k should have something good about it?

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
So I got the legacy body for 1 whole linden in their sim for the anniversary, and even for 1L$, the body has no omega support and almost no clothes or mods, at least for the furry community. Does anyone know anything about this that I do not? Is the new legacy mesh body actually worth the normal price? Any body that demands over 3k should have something good about it?
Understand this is my opinion, based on things I've heard from creators, my own opinions on TMPs older business practices and experience with other bodies.

I'll never touch a legacy body - I've a maitreya body, even though I don't like the demands they have for a dev kit. But apparently the legacy body requires a sketchy legal contract to get the devkit. Yeah, nope.
Right now,, I'm firmly behind Slink - to my knowledge, it is the only body where there is a specific BOM version, which means a much less resource intensive body, and it looks good.

nebula

NOPE
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I just got the belleza jake and it is really good, so for what you would pay for the legacy, why?

Spirits Rising

Voice of Reason/Quite Blunt
SL Rez
Joined SLU
08/24/2014
SLU Posts
I've heard the Jake is really nice too, especially if you are more slim built.
It is! See a few of my shots on Snapzilla (Solar Legion) or get one of your friends that uses it to show ya!

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
That's not the actual Legacy body, it's "the new classic" which is basically just an update to the old TMP body. Shape is not the same.

OrinB

tutti fruitti
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts
The old TMP body is really laggy ARC wise. That's the one they give away for almost nothing. I'm not a fan of the new Legacy body. I honestly don't see the point of it.

Dragon

Rawr.
I love my Jake body! I had a Slink, an Adam, then a Signature because that was what everyone was using, and then the Jake. The Jake is my absolute favorite body style/shape. Given how Legacy is basically TMP 2.0 I don't plan to consider it seriously unless circumstances demand it, such as clothing support for Jake dropping to nil.

Jake is not updated for BOM out of the box but if you run over to the Omega main store you can get a relay to "force" it to use BOM, along with older heads.

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
i haven't been able to figure out where all the praise is comming from for legacy female... even tho they don't have omega support there is alot of people who swear it's the best and how much they love it over all the others. Maybe i jsut hangout with weird brainwashed people. alot of the sl event vendors and fairs support it. (which makes me wonder if the devkit was given out ) it doesn't make sense how they were able to acquire the market so quickly... i know there was been some backlash against Maitreya. but i still feel something is missing from the equation...

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
i haven't been able to figure out where all the praise is comming from for legacy female... even tho they don't have omega support there is alot of people who swear it's the best and how much they love it over all the others. Maybe i jsut hangout with weird brainwashed people. alot of the sl event vendors and fairs support it. (which makes me wonder if the devkit was given out ) it doesn't make sense how they were able to acquire the market so quickly... i know there was been some backlash against Maitreya. but i still feel something is missing from the equation...
I like the shape better, the breasts are an upgrade if you like a fuller bust. It also deforms better at the lower and higher numbers than other bodies. They don't "have the market" as Maitreya still owns about half of it, but it's picked up steam, I think. I don't know who's doing body surveys anymore since Mesh Body Addicts went defunct and Strawberry Singh became a Linden. Now that there are more clothes for it, it is getting more popularity.