Legit full-perm store?

Wesleytron

Joined SLU
08-11-2014
SLU Posts
Does anybody know anything about the reputation of the following full-perm store?

(Edit: I'm satisfied now that I know the answer to my question. URL redacted)

Their stuff is very cheap, so I know what my gut feeling is (or I wouldn't be here asking to double-check). Some of the items may look remotely familiar but could just be similar, but I've not been able to find any alternative originals from some of the things I looked at. But I don't want to buy from a seller who may be re-selling anything they shouldn't.

Last edited:

Free

10K under the hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Was the answer thumbs up, or burn in a fire?

Asking for a nosy friend.

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Oh oh, I wanna know too.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
The "Building and Object Components" section of Marketplace has 10's of thousands of full perm objects and building kits, complete with templates, shade maps, etc. Prices are usually reasonable - low to mid hundreds for the most part, and a lot under $L100. Don't expect full perm professional level animations to be cheap, however.

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I browse full perm clothing templates a lot.

One of the biggest tells I have found for people selling full perm templates (and game rips to some extent) is inconsistent presentation on the MP. Some stores straight use the original Creator's images. Sometimes they slap a new logo on the graphic. Even if they happen to make all fresh graphics, the items themselves will be inconsistent. There will be some super basic shirt or something, next to some.hyper detailed cyberpunk boots, next to a car.

It's not out of the question for a full perm maker to have variety, but it's not common.

Wesleytron

Joined SLU
08-11-2014
SLU Posts
Was the answer thumbs up, or burn in a fire?
Oh oh, I wanna know too.
It was 'burn in a fire'. I kind of knew that anyway - or was highly suspicious - or I wouldn't have been here asking. But a part me was hoping I was wrong. But Fionalein used a bit of Marketplace-fu and pointed out some of the originals for me.

• 2Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer and Free

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
But a part me was hoping I was wrong.
I was wrong some times. In static meshes you can sometimes see two or more uploaders uploading the very same distinctive thing they might have legaly purchased/aquired and prepared for SL use. A telltale sign this happened is huge LI differences and LoD behaviour.

Rigged mesh templates might still stem from a legal outside 3rd party source - it gets suspicious if all templates share the same target mesh body riggings or are always just a subset of another creator's rigging set.

Clara D.

FOR PRESIDENT 2020!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
I was wrong some times. In static meshes you can sometimes see two or more uploaders uploading the very same distinctive thing they might have legaly purchased/aquired and prepared for SL use. A telltale sign this happened is huge LI differences and LoD behaviour.
When the first two LODs are the same and the second two are the same mess of triangles...