Leading Evangelical magazine calls for Trump's removal

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Well, maybe he was.

I wonder what we did to piss God off that much... I'd have preferred locusts.

:p
I would take hail in egypt. Because it is so hilarious.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
It doesn't, I'm afraid.

The article is preceded by this editorial explanation and disclaimer:

Editor’s Note: National Review has inaugurated a new feature, “To the Contrary,” where an NR writer dissents from NR’s official editorial line and another writer replies. NR opposes impeachment, but below, Ramesh Ponnuru makes the case for it in an article that originally appeared in the December 31, 2019, issue of the magazine. A reply by Michael Brendan Dougherty is nearby.

Zaida Gearbox

But they still published it - even thought it's not the opinion held by the majority - most publications wouldn't do that. That or they do think he should be removed and they're just too chicken shit to say so.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
But they still published it - even thought it's not the opinion held by the majority - most publications wouldn't do that. That or they do think he should be removed and they're just too chicken shit to say so.
The chicken factor must be part of it.
I’m sure some people have gotten threats but that can’t explain the magnitude of the cowardice. I don’t get it.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Maybe they simply accept that it's a view seriously held by some of their readers, or at least a view that some of its readers are willing to consider as a serious proposition, and are acknowledging that constituency by publishing the article.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer